PDA

View Full Version : My bro has ADHD and is restless

Boom Pow
February 6th, 2010, 04:53 PM
My brother can't sit still. On the plane he kept annoying the people nearby by spilling lemonade and figiting, and when we were playing monopoly he got mad and pretty much threw the board at me. Does anyone have any ideas how i can calm him down naturally? He doesn't listen to me, my mum or my dad.

Tanner
February 9th, 2010, 08:11 PM
have him excersise before an event like a plane ride, so he is completely exhausted so he will not have the energy to be hyper

BeautifulDisaster
February 9th, 2010, 08:22 PM
^^
Doesn't work, trust me.

I'd try and speak to him calmly, try to relax him a little, or distract him with something he can hyperfocus on(something he enjoys a lot), perhaps put in some discipline, so if he misbehaves, could your parents give him warnings, 3 warnings, & then after that, he has something taken away, or he needs to go into time out?

I could research some ideas for you.

Personally, if he's young, like me when I was younger, I had a star chart, so when he's good, he earns a star, and if he gets to a certain amount of stars, he can have a treat.
If he misbehaves, he gets a star taken away.

Charizard8
February 12th, 2010, 05:17 AM
I have ADHD, I know what you mean, ppl always complain about me, but I dont really mind. I really think my little sis has ADHD, lol!:what::yeah::what:

King of Clubs
February 14th, 2010, 12:14 PM
unforutunetly theres not much that can be done to stop ADHD symptoms, believe me i have the thing! lol, one thing i find that does work is keeping my hands busy, stress balls, laptops, anything! something focus on Disaster says, its really easy for me (dunno about others) to get so engrossed in something nothing else matters, this can also mean getting hyper... i dont care wat others think, as i'm having fun. Try keep him occupied

BeautifulDisaster
February 15th, 2010, 04:33 PM
I believe that is called "Hyperfocusing", when you get so involved in something, it seems everything else blanks out.

Watchfulness
February 16th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Put him to sleep, or make something that usually causes him to fall asleep.

BeautifulDisaster
February 16th, 2010, 03:26 PM
WTF?

That's a terrible, deceitful idea.

This child has ADHD, he does not need to be put to sleep, he needs to be kept occupied and focused on something that he enjoys, and to be given some boundaries, and some understanding in how difficult it is for him, as well as patience.

That's disgusting treatment to a child.

BUENA
May 7th, 2010, 05:45 PM
what my family does with my brother is give him Omega 3 pills (basically fish oil)
At the moment I don't know what else we help him with...pm if you need more info

CaptainObvious
May 7th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Please don't bump old threads. :locked: