PDA

View Full Version : Maybe im Bipolar, Maybe im not

Nelson
January 27th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Ok, im not good at expressing myself usually, but here goes

Recently i broke up with my first boyfriend, i felt so good when i was with him, then when we broke up i went into a depressive slump, the next night i was laughing and talking with my bffl until she mentioned somthing that reminded me of him, so i cried and such, a week later i came home, and i was so bored, lethargic and just didnt want to do anything, dad took me out to dinner and me and him were laughing, the next day me and him went ot the city, he told me to shut up so many times, supposedly i was talking constantly (maybe i was, i dont really remember), then i speak to my ex-boyfriend and i go back to depressed, tonight i felt confident, too confident, taking topless pics (unusual for me), ive under and overslept and felt normal

Could i be bipolar or am i just messed up :/

Obscene Eyedeas
January 27th, 2010, 03:19 PM
I doubt its bipolar. you are just getting over a bad break up. you may exhibit some symptoms but your moods are influenced by the events around you and many teens have hectic sleeping patterns.

if you are really worried about this though you should seek professional advice but try and avoid self diagnosis

Nelson
January 27th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Hmmm, i should but there are no decent mental health doctors here (not racist but i prefer Australian doctors).. but ive been like this before the breakup, ive been like this since my mum took my dad to court for custody.

Obscene Eyedeas
January 27th, 2010, 03:26 PM
You should look at the thread on bipolar symptoms tbh i dont think you are but if you want more help pm me i have more info on this subject

Nelson
January 27th, 2010, 03:28 PM
I looked at the symptoms and done a bipolar questionare on the BipolarAustralia website, that also said yes.... ::worried::

Obscene Eyedeas
January 27th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Self diagnosis and online quizzes are not 100 percnt accurate. you should see a professional about your concerns

Zephyr
January 30th, 2010, 04:30 AM
You should never self diagnose. Bipolar is the most misdiagnosed mental illnesses. With Bipolar Disorder, mood swings can be triggered by stress or other happenings, but for the most part they arn't triggered.

From what you've said, it looks like it's just typical break-up blues. You're fine one moment, then you're reminded of them and you feel depressed.

If you really arn't sure about it though, then I suggest that you first talk to your parents about it, and if they seem to think that it may be the case, continue to make an appointment with a psychiatrist or even your family doctor.

Nelson
January 30th, 2010, 06:38 AM
Thanks Epiphany.. my dads bipolar, and i have an appointment with my doctor for next week. ill find out then

Hyper
January 30th, 2010, 07:45 AM
You should never self diagnose. Bipolar is the most misdiagnosed mental illnesses. With Bipolar Disorder, mood swings can be triggered by stress or other happenings, but for the most part they arn't triggered.

From what you've said, it looks like it's just typical break-up blues. You're fine one moment, then you're reminded of them and you feel depressed.

If you really arn't sure about it though, then I suggest that you first talk to your parents about it, and if they seem to think that it may be the case, continue to make an appointment with a psychiatrist or even your family doctor.

Beaten by the expert :P

Well risk for all serious psychological problems is increased if it runs in the family

But what you described sounds quite typical for a situation like that.. (At least to me)

Nelson
January 30th, 2010, 08:35 AM
Hmmm, ive considered that, but i notice it evenn when im not goin through stuff

ForgetMeNot
July 3rd, 2010, 12:07 AM
I agree with everyone else, go get it checked and it is very misdiagnosed. So check it before you think you are, if it's not that it could be break up blues or it could be a form of depression. Just get a psychiatrist to look at you and talk with you.

Kaius
July 3rd, 2010, 12:40 AM
Please don't bump old threads :locked: