PDA

View Full Version : Gender of voices?

ShatteredWings
January 24th, 2010, 03:33 PM
I'm just wondering, for anyone who hears voices, what gender are they, if they have one?

Almost all of the ones i hear are very androgynous. I don't know, I don't think any of them have a gender.
Toshi was female.. but I haven't heard or seen her in awhile...

And you guys?

Zephyr
January 30th, 2010, 05:02 AM
Though I'm Bipolar, I have a tendency to hear voices when I'm experiencing psychosis. Here's what I've heard:

The Screaming Woman: does nothing but screams.

The Mumbling Men: I can hear them conversing, but I can't understand what they're saying.

Jesus: I've actually had an auditory and visual hallucination of this. He was threatening me in a lot of ways.

Then there's one which seems gender neutral. It says my name over and over quietly.

ShatteredWings
February 5th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Jesus threatening?
Honestly, I could see that happening IRL(assuming he was actually alive) too.

Some of the things that decide to come around... *shrug* i see large bugs and bear-like creatures, so i suppose i can't really say anything :P

Kinda hoping for a few more responses. Oh well, I suppose people don't like talking about what's general seen as being 100% unstable (when it's not...)

DarkWingedAngel
February 6th, 2010, 11:54 PM
it happends theres a man a woman and screaming people, when i see things it's stuff like flying objects and stuff like that
havn't had it in a while tho

drewlink99
February 7th, 2010, 01:46 AM
I hear 2 voices, and they are bolt male (I think)
Jeff is male, and the other is, well I'm not sure...

OnlyByTheNight.
March 27th, 2010, 06:30 AM
*bump*
Ok its mainly bridget, shes female. And then sometimes there is a fella too but he doesn't appear very often. And then there is the mumbling voices who don't really have a gender.

Scarface
March 27th, 2010, 07:39 AM
I hear like a crowd of people speaking I can't usually understand what they're saying I hear them at night mostly. It sometimes prevents me from going to sleep

Obscene Eyedeas
March 27th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Im bi polar too i do hear voices too like epiphany during psychosis.

I hear a guy goading me to do things he doesnt have a real name.

I hear a girl whispering my name and at night she whispers to me about my friends.

DarkWingedAngel
March 27th, 2010, 12:02 PM
Theres a few new ones
they don't have names but theres a guy that tells me to hurt people, punch things, kill myself and other people
theres a few girls that also tell me to hurt people and myself and they sometimes scream

havn't heard the girls for about a week but the guy keeps coming in
havn't seen him yet but i bet hell have a face soon

XxHaViiK
March 28th, 2010, 02:10 AM
The voice I hear doesn't even sound human. It's hard to explain, but it's deep and... I can't really come up with words to explain the rest. I guess if I had to choose a gender it would really be male.