PDA

View Full Version : Hey.

BeautifulDisaster
January 9th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Hello.

I'm Aimee, I'm 17, & I was diagnosed with ADHD(Combined) in 2007-2008.
Quite a recent diagnosis.

I was placed on Ritalin, & that didn't go too well, both because of side effects, and because I needed it to last all day, as in the evenings, it'd ware off & I'd have horrible come downs, & very volatile, aggressive behavior.

I was then placed on Concerta. The dosage was adjusted a few times, but I had a lot of trouble with side effects.

I did feel a lot calmer, focus appeared to be better, so it was helping on that side of things, but the side effects were not tolerable.

I was taken off the trial, & I was then offered CBT.

It didn't go too well, & I stopped going.

Since then, I've not had much support with my ADHD, but I try & manage on my own.

I do struggle, I'm not sure which disorder/illness it is that is causing the symptoms I struggle with half the time, but I try to cope as much as I can with whatever it is I'm struggling with.

I'm now seeing my psychiatrist(who diagnosed me with the ADHD) again for other mental health problems, but I will be sure to mention this & see what happens.

Thank you for reading, & I hope you have a good day.

josh93
January 12th, 2010, 08:46 PM
i have ADHD and everything is going good for me.

josh93
January 12th, 2010, 08:47 PM
dont worry

Mr. Smithers
January 12th, 2010, 09:37 PM
Hey Aimee. I'm always here for you. The medication is only to help you. The psychiatrist the same way. I know you might feel lost but don't. Many people have ADD, they never let that stop them.

BeautifulDisaster
January 13th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Oh, I'm not letting it stop me, I cope in my own ways, & I don't need the medication, I'd rather not have side effects.
It's not worth it.
There are more cons than pros.

I