PDA

View Full Version : My OCD

BeautifulDisaster
January 9th, 2010, 02:12 PM
My OCD has been quite severe for many years now, I first developed in when I was quite young, around 9.

I get intrusive images & thoughts.
I get obsessive images & thoughts.
I get these daily, & they're distressing.

I have a lot of fears & worries revolving around being "dirty" & with germs & illnesses.

I used to spend a lot of time doing "checks".
It distressed me severely if I didn't do them, however, I've resisted doing them a lot & I only do a few now. :)

I have an "urge to confess" & seek excessive reassurance.
I try to resist this as much as I can.

I have numbers, 3 & 5, I have to do almost everything this amount of times,& if it isn't "right", or feels "right", I have to do it again until it is. Or in that times table. 3 x3, 5 x 5, etc.

For the past few months, my compulsions have been directed more around washing my hands obsessively.
This distresses me quite a lot.

I have been put on Zoloft 50mg, & I begun this trial on Monday, it is a six week trial, & I'll be monitored for the first 3 weeks.

I hope it helps because it's been affecting me severely for so many years, & I would love some sort of break from it...

Thank you for reading.

If anyone would like to chat, feel free.

Take care,& have a good evening/night.

Mr. Smithers
January 9th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Yeah you should see how this new medication might work for you. I'm so happy for you that you are going through this. It must be really hard to go on day to day feeling like that. I be happy to talk to you if you feel unhappy about something.

BeautifulDisaster
January 9th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Thank you so much, I appreciate that very much...
&the same goes to you.
:)

SegundoTJ
January 20th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Im not sure if any of you know but A&E is casting for their second season of "Obsessed" which gives 12-16 weeks of free professional therapy to those with OCD and anxiety disorders. It shows the truth about OCD and really helps people change their lives. You can email [email protected] for more info.