PDA

View Full Version : logging in and out

Pip
May 19th, 2006, 08:13 PM
why do I get logged out so often? I'll do something like go in and out of a forum or something and I end up getting logged out. It's pretty annoying! I'm using Firefox if that matters...

Kiros
May 19th, 2006, 08:16 PM
It might... someone once reported a problem like that, however, others seem to have no trouble with it.

Have you made sure that check box is checked whenever you login? Also, if you have an auto-clean kind of thing (extension/plugin) or you clean your cookies often, then that's what's killing your session.

Pip
May 19th, 2006, 08:33 PM
gah! I just hit the reply button and it logged me out!!! As far as I know I don't have an auto-cleaner. I don't have problems on any other sites...

Kiros
May 19th, 2006, 08:39 PM
Clean all your cookies, history, and temporary internet files (FireFox can do that, right?). Then, check your FireFox settings - look around to see if you have some option like that. Go into IE (or Avant Browser if you have it) and see if it does the same thing. Again, are you certain that you check that box whenever you login?

Pip
May 19th, 2006, 08:47 PM
yes, I check the "remember me" box everytime I log in. I'll try IE and see if I have the same problem.

Pip
May 19th, 2006, 09:55 PM
Well I've been using IE for a while with no problems. I'll have to check my Firefox settings now...

DouggyO.o
May 19th, 2006, 10:05 PM
yea i have the somprobum with firefox, it loges me out if i ge toff fire fox

Pip
May 20th, 2006, 02:59 PM
I see I had cookies blocked from vteen. I fixed that so now I'll see if I stay logged in.

Glasgow
May 20th, 2006, 03:34 PM
I would suggest getting Avant Browser :) Its proven to be better than firefox

Kiros
May 20th, 2006, 09:08 PM
I see I had cookies blocked from vteen. I fixed that so now I'll see if I stay logged in.

Pip... If I had a large trout with me... ... ... j/k :)
Anyway, I'm glad it was a simple solution. Though Pip, if I may suggest, check this site out in FireFox: http://www.fred.net/dhark/demos/css/css_filter_examples.html ... Then view it in IE. :D This is why you should use Avant Browser: all the compatibility of IE but with the great features like security, tabbed browsing, and plenty of other conveniences that FireFox unfortunately doesn't supply.

Pip
May 20th, 2006, 09:37 PM
Ok, ok. I'll give Avant a try! :P

Kiros
May 20th, 2006, 09:53 PM
Alright :D Please tell us how you like it after you use it for a bit (and you should experiment with some options, to make it more customizable). The biggest issue I find, is that new users immediately don't like it because it defaultly comes in Compact Mode. To change this, go to View >> uncheck Compact Style (if it is check ;))

Glasgow
May 20th, 2006, 10:46 PM
Yay, we have another recruit :)

ThePhantom
May 21st, 2006, 04:56 PM
i had a streak where my firefox acted up on me with vt qnd it wouldnt ever log me in and i forgot my password gah

it stopped though

0=
June 1st, 2006, 03:11 AM
Never had a problem, just the auto log-out. I have my browser set to automatically delete all internet files whenever i close a window, but not a tab(in case i forgot to clean the files after certain things...)

Kiros
June 1st, 2006, 04:43 AM
The problem has already been solved for a decent amount of time ô.o

[LOCKED]