PDA

View Full Version : My voice, the voice

ShatteredGlass
December 3rd, 2009, 08:24 PM
Okay it's not like I guess hear voices it's more like me talking to myself, the thing is when this happens it occupies my mind entirely I can't think and I can't the voice, well me...I guess, To shut-up and often I begin to cry as it continues to deprecate me...Can anyone shed some light on this?

suture11
December 6th, 2009, 08:46 PM
Okay it's not like I guess hear voices it's more like me talking to myself, the thing is when this happens it occupies my mind entirely I can't think and I can't the voice, well me...I guess, To shut-up and often I begin to cry as it continues to deprecate me...Can anyone shed some light on this?

First of all... I really like the word 'Deprecate' XP. So, are you saying you hear another self of yourself and you say the voice degrades you? I have a question, have you tried harnessing it into a positive form of motivational material? Maybe using its slanderous speech and interpreting into something hilarious, will make you laugh at "it" and the euphoria of happiness could possibly block the voice out. Or perhaps you can make fun of "it". There is no crime against talking to yourself. So, why not harness this freedom and make use of it? I have been schizophrenic for a very long time and what I have done is used a certain one of the voices to fuel my writing. I use it to motivate me and to keep on going. This voice is also degradative and I laugh at it and make it mad, then it shuts up for five minutes like a pouting first grader who didn't get what he wanted.

I hope that this has at least given you an idea. =]

ShatteredGlass
December 8th, 2009, 10:11 PM
I have used it in a couple of short stories I've written but I'd rather, have no ideas and be voiceless than vice versa. I will try to make fun of it though. Thanks

suture11
December 9th, 2009, 12:13 AM
No problem ^^ Just keep striving forward and things should chill. And when the voice gets annoying, make fun of it and be its annoying voice... ^^

clone
December 10th, 2009, 11:52 PM
jazz had good advice helped me too i've been wondering if the 'voice' seems like me but acts diffrently if it's skitzophrenia (probebly spelled wrong) just laugh and wait for a response if there is one.

suture11
December 15th, 2009, 02:08 PM
jazz had good advice helped me too i've been wondering if the 'voice' seems like me but acts diffrently if it's skitzophrenia (probebly spelled wrong) just laugh and wait for a response if there is one.

Your welcome ^^