PDA

View Full Version : Symptoms of OCD?

kenoloor
October 23rd, 2009, 10:19 PM
Okay, so I'm not totally sure if what I have are symptoms of OCD or not. Can someone clarify...?

~If I hit one shoulder (or any other body part) on something (i.e. a wall) then I have to hit the other shoulder on that wall

~I avoid stepping on cracks at all costs

~I make sure I get an even number of steps inside the tiles of the sidewalk

~When walking on stairs I always start on the right and end on the left foot, even if it means skipping a step, or stepping on one twice

Discomposure
October 23rd, 2009, 10:31 PM
Nobody on here can really clarify you have OCD or not. A doctor can. But online diagnosing you shouldn't do, it's not reliable.

From the symptoms you stated, it seems like you could have it yeah, I'd say go to a doctor, and tell them these symptoms your having, they will be able to help you out. Good luck

Lily of the Valley
October 23rd, 2009, 10:41 PM
As previously stated, diagnosing yourself is never a good idea. Plus, it tends to make you look like a jackass (not you personally, I mean people in general). I was sure for years I had OCD, but until I was officially diagnosed, I never told anyone.

Anyway, you do have the symptoms. Those are very similar to some of mine, actually. However, everyone pretty much has OCD symptoms to a point, so it's best to leave the decision of whether you do or not to professionals.

~Maggot

Triceratops
October 24th, 2009, 04:59 AM
Almost each and every person experiences symptoms within the OCD criteria. Everyone has their own personal habits and rituals to some degree.

We aren't professionals here so we can't properly diagnose you with the condition.
I don't think OCD particularly needs serious treatment, unless it gets too out of hand and is beginning to take over your life for all the wrong reasons. You can make the decision whether you wish to see someone or not, if you're that concerned.

Ghoti
October 31st, 2009, 08:53 PM
Wow my symptoms exactly! though nothing bad will happen if i dont.

drewlink99
November 13th, 2009, 10:08 PM
It sound so! Or are you just noticing common habits?
I do things like that, but not to that extent, do your parents have OCD?

Triceratops
November 14th, 2009, 01:39 PM
OP requests lock.
:locked: