PDA

View Full Version : what am i?

miss.miserable
October 14th, 2009, 05:41 PM
honestly, i dnt know if im bipolar. some days ill be extremely happy for seriously no reason at all. other days i will be so upset also for no reason. it just doesnt make sense 2 me. im most certain tht theyre just mood swings or something. but im not sure. :(

mrmcdonaldduck
October 16th, 2009, 03:32 AM
when you are really happy do you kneed less sleep, on top of the world and are really talkative? if anyone of these happens when you are happy, then see a psychiatrist.

Kaleidoscope Eyes
October 18th, 2009, 12:44 AM
Mania is only half of the disorder, and being talkative or feeling like life is good aren't reasons to go directly to a psychiatrist. It's normal to feel better about life when you're happy versus when you're down, and to be more talkative. When we're upset, most of us don't tend to be as bubbly and thus we don't always talk as much.
Being happy for "no reason" may not be something, either. You shouldn't feel like you need a reason to be happy. If you can't be content with life and able to smile at things unless something really good has happened to make you feel that way, that's a problem in itself. Some days are happier than others, of course, but you never need a reason to smile. :)

Teens have all sorts of weird hormones, which can cause all sorts of mood changes. Bipolar disorder is defined by episodes of both depression and mania. They vary, but there are some common symptoms.
See this thread (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=50222) for a good look at hormones versus bipolar disorder.

Bipolar disorder cannot be diagnosed without at least one episode each of depression and mania, and the episodes have to last for extended periods of time (more than a few days or so) before dissipating. Symptoms must be severe enough to affect daily life, and must not be better described by another explanation.

Some people experience what is called "rapid cycling", which involves going back and forth between mania and depression in a short amount of time, sometimes even as much as multiple times in the same day. This is not the same as being down for a few days and then getting over it.

If any of that really seems to fit, talk to your general physician or look into seeing a therapist Otherwise, wait it out. See how things go. Being bipolar is something I wouldn't wish on anyone, having lived with it myself, so honestly I would hope that this is just mood swings. See how it goes, though. No matter the cause, you can always talk to a parent, counselor, or doctor about this if it's getting in the way of your life or it's really distressing you. Even hormonal things can be helped through some methods, so if you're not mentally ill it doesn't have to mean that you just have to deal with it.

Teardrop Harmony
December 27th, 2009, 05:10 AM
hey bipolar is something that is very much different to feeling happy as larry or down like jim you normally have a break in the middle episodes are normally only often occuring for around a month or so and then everything kind of settles down and then it kicks of again, with bipolar ii the episodes are more intense with the depression and the mania only last for a short period of time. it is unusual to go from up to down and then up and then down withing\ the short time of a week normally one finds them self up for a week and down for two for the depression is in most cases stronger. feeling like you don't knw who you are is something everyone conquers in life at some point but it means that you are trying to come to terms with where you are wishing to be and how you see yourself in the future. if you are worried about possibly having a mental disorder/instability then talk t your parents or teachers and then they can help you onto the next step, things like this though will need time, if you feel an unbareable need to escape or kill yourself, or to do something that you know isn't normally like you thenb tell someone. but stay strong soldier

Charleigh
December 29th, 2009, 08:11 AM
you should try and get some proffesional help =]
we cant diagnose anything as we dont know the reasons and we arnt qualified.
Good luck

Englishrose
January 16th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Please, go and see your doctor and get yourself sent for an examination. Where is the harm, if it turns out you don't, kudos. If it turns out you do then you can get the help you need.

venom832
January 18th, 2010, 04:47 PM
honestly, i dnt know if im bipolar. some days ill be extremely happy for seriously no reason at all. other days i will be so upset also for no reason. it just doesnt make sense 2 me. im most certain tht theyre just mood swings or something. but im not sure. :(
Yea sometimes i feel the same way, am i bi polar? Because at times I get happy really happy but something so little can happen and i get upset and im mad for the rest of the day.

Beautiful Obsession
January 25th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Well we cant say whether your bipolar or not, were not the proffesionals, but i really think you should go and see a doctor so they can do some checks, if it is bipolar they will give you medicine which will help you control your emotions.
However if its not maybe your depressed? has anything traumatic happened to you since you starting feeling like this?
As i said we cant diagnoise you, you really should go to a doctor xx