PDA

View Full Version : Subconsious!

clr9823
October 3rd, 2009, 12:49 PM
Background info: 15yo bi-curious

I was having a pretty boring dream when, out of nowhere, it turned into a dream where I was kissing one of my (male) classmates. I never thought about him like that before, but now I really fancy him! I can't even tell if I had the dream because I fancy him, or if I fancy him because of the dream (don't care to be honest, he is really hot:yummy:)

I was just wondering if anybody else has had an experience like this or has any information about it?

Thanks

tl;dr: Dream made me aware of a crush I had on a guy, was already bi though.

Stewart
October 3rd, 2009, 01:01 PM
I know how you feel. Just as i realized I might be bi, I started to have a crush on one of my guy friends. I don't know exactly what you're asking. Yeah, I guess you like him! :) (I don't know if I am bi but I'm starting think I am)

Sapphire
October 3rd, 2009, 01:04 PM
Oh for crying out loud!
A dream cannot make you suddenly aware of your sexuality. The idea is honestly laughable.

clr9823
October 4th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Oh for crying out loud!
A dream cannot make you suddenly aware of your sexuality. The idea is honestly laughable.

I never said it made me aware of my sexuality. I have thought of myself as bi-sexual for a while before this.
If I was unclear, I mean that I think a dream made me aware of feelings I had for a guy. I was simply asking whether anybody else has experienced this.

On another note, I think you should be a counsellor. We need more counsellors who are condescending and inconsiderate. Really!!!

Sapphire
October 4th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Meh, whatever.
If you decide your crushes on the content of your dreams then I pity the fool you set your sights on...

Kahn
October 4th, 2009, 04:42 PM
I've had a dream about one of my Ex's from my old School and it made me aware of how special she was too me but never did it make me think about my sexuality.

The Harlequin
October 5th, 2009, 12:23 PM
I tend to realise my crushes when I'm trying to get to sleep and not really thinking about anything, but I only ever have dreams about them after I realise when I'm awake. Although my current bf I got a massive crush on when I hugged him for the first time (:^}

diamond jetstream
October 10th, 2009, 08:08 PM
hi im talking to cas conker here.go with your feelings because i had the same thing happen to me i knew i was bi but i had a dream where i was kissing this guy and i couldnt get him out of my head untill i finally told him and it turned out that he was bi aswell.now we are together and i am glad that i had that dream and that i told him.
oh and to the rest of you bickering doesnt solve cas conker's problem.:)

Stewart
October 10th, 2009, 08:13 PM
^If that's true, I am extremely jealous! :P

diamond jetstream
October 10th, 2009, 08:15 PM
i think ill take that as a complment.i was pinching myself when i happened aswell it was like a dream come true.

clr9823
October 11th, 2009, 02:29 PM
hi im talking to cas conker here.go with your feelings because i had the same thing happen to me i knew i was bi but i had a dream where i was kissing this guy and i couldnt get him out of my head untill i finally told him and it turned out that he was bi aswell.now we are together and i am glad that i had that dream and that i told him.
oh and to the rest of you bickering doesnt solve cas conker's problem.:)

Thank you. It isn't really a 'problem', just wondering if this had happened to anybody else.
I don't think I'll act on this dream because I'm 99% sure he's straight but a boy can dream:P

zgrazier
October 15th, 2009, 10:30 AM
i agree that u cant be bi based on a dream but the fact that u previously identified urself as bi makes that irrelevant i have had the same thing happen about my ex bf i didnt relie how nuch i cared until my dream about him and about this new ld at my school i tthink u can rely alot on what ur dreams hold and say after all it is ur brain

Sapphire
October 15th, 2009, 11:31 AM
I had a dream last night that my boyfriend and I were on our own little island and that my mum had to get a plane to visit us at uni.
Does this mean that I am on an island with my boyfriend in any sense even in a metaphorical way? No.
Does it mean that I am distant from my mum in any sense? No.

I've had a dream that my brother was killed in the night. I woke up so convinced that this had actually happened that I cried and had to check that he was still alive.
Does this mean that my brother was dead to me in any manner? No.

Dreams mean very little when it comes to the real world. The average person has on about 5 dreams each night. But they can only remember them if they woke up during or just after the dream ended. Emotions which arise from such dreams are not based on anything real and, as such, they are not real.

A hallucination feels real but it isn't. A delusion feels true but it isn't. Emotions like this that stem from dreams also feel real but they aren't.

Only a fool would start a relationship on such things...

diamond jetstream
October 15th, 2009, 08:43 PM
listen we all know what your oppinion on this is sapphire and we respect your right to voice your oppinion but i think your going just a little bit overboard. dreams are created b your subconcious and and the dream he had could be his subconcious portraying feelings towards the guy and that is something that does happen.im not saying that your wrong but i am saying that this is a possible occurance and what may be an oppinion of some may not be an oppinion of others.just try to look at it from another point of view and you might see that he likes this guy and it is his subconcious feelings for him coming out in the dream.:)

Sapphire
October 16th, 2009, 05:01 AM
Only a selfish idiot would start a relationship with someone based on feelings which aren't real.

It appears that I am the only one who (in this thread) can see how completely idiotic, totally baseless and utterly selfish this whole thing is.

diamond jetstream
October 16th, 2009, 07:46 AM
if i start a caring loving relationship how is that idiotic and selfish i am making someone else happy and u say i am selfish. and idiotic.i fail to see my error in doing so and if this thread is idiotic then please tell me why you keep posting here.oh and yet again i ad that dreams are created by the subconcious which IS real

bennybronx
October 16th, 2009, 07:54 AM
listen we all know what your oppinion on this is sapphire and we respect your right to voice your oppinion but i think your going just a little bit overboard. dreams are created b your subconcious and and the dream he had could be his subconcious portraying feelings towards the guy and that is something that does happen.im not saying that your wrong but i am saying that this is a possible occurance and what may be an oppinion of some may not be an oppinion of others.just try to look at it from another point of view and you might see that he likes this guy and it is his subconcious feelings for him coming out in the dream.:)

The source of dreams is debatable, some say they are a window into the sub-concious and others say just chemical activity, and that anything shown or experienced in a dream hs no significance (ode freud's "cigar is just a cigar").

I personally dont believe in dreams meaning anything or a way that the sub-conc can tell the conc mind things or anything. I think dreams are just insignificant and decisions such as relationships should not be based on them.

diamond jetstream
October 16th, 2009, 08:00 AM
your right and that is a better way of putting it thank you

Sapphire
October 16th, 2009, 09:08 AM
if i start a caring loving relationship how is that idiotic and selfish i am making someone else happy and u say i am selfish. and idiotic.i fail to see my error in doing so and if this thread is idiotic then please tell me why you keep posting here.oh and yet again i ad that dreams are created by the subconcious which IS real
Delusions and hallucinations are created by the brain and bio-chemcials that affect the brain which are both real. But that is not enough to make the hallucinations and delusions real.
Your claim that dreams are created by the subconscious isn't a concrete one. It is a guess.
Your claim that dreams are created by a real thing and as such are reliable enough to base entire relationships on is folly. Delusions and hallucinations are evidence that having a real source doesn't make a belief or feeling real or true enough to base a relationship on.

diamond jetstream
October 16th, 2009, 09:25 AM
i dont bse the entire relationship on it i base the start of it on it eg a match lights a flame but oxygen and paper will keep it going.the dream may start something but its up o you to actually pursue it and that is a step further than a dream which means that the dream didnt cause the relationship to thrive it just started it and my own personal choices kept it going.