PDA

View Full Version : Am I? Please Help.

untraceable
September 27th, 2009, 11:16 AM
My OCD makes me need to conclusively know, and I can't tell. FYI I have been told I meet the criteria for schizophrenia by a psychiatrist.
Symptoms:
Delusions (persecution, bizarre)
Hallucinations (auditory)
Social Withdrawal
Mood Swings
Irrational Smiling
Jumbled Thoughts
Racing Thoughts

Triceratops
September 27th, 2009, 11:55 AM
The only thing we can do on a teen forum to help is encourage you to go and see a professional with our support alongside that.

My advice to you is that you should ask your psychiatrist for further analysis. Firstly, it is so incredibly RARE for anyone who hasn't fully psychologically matured (i.e. children and teens) to actually have schizophrenia. Although by the looks of things I certainly think it's the best option to get this checked up on.

We are not professionals here so we can't do the diagnosing.

Shalom
September 27th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Yep listen to her ^^ :)

You have to solve the issue before it takes a toll on you. Get the help needed before it gets out of hand. You can do this and get through this no matter what!

Fusion
October 2nd, 2009, 08:27 AM
The only thing we can do on a teen forum to help is encourage you to go and see a professional with our support alongside that.

My advice to you is that you should ask your psychiatrist for further analysis. Firstly, it is so incredibly RARE for anyone who hasn't fully psychologically matured (i.e. children and teens) to actually have schizophrenia. Although by the looks of things I certainly think it's the best option to get this checked up on.

We are not professionals here so we can't do the diagnosing.

I am going to follow this OP, its the right response, we can't diagnose you, we could be wrong for all we know, you need to seek professional help about the apparent dissorders you have :)

EDIT: Sorry about the bump :(