PDA

View Full Version : Curious and Curiouser... Or not

DareDevil
September 26th, 2009, 02:51 AM
Alright, here's one for the folks at home!

So, there's this guy (go figure). We're both in theatre together, both Seniors, and have known each other since Freshman year, but never got particularly close. A week ago, we were sitting on one of the couches backstage during rehearsal and, jokingly, we two and a third guy had our arms around each other, goofing off. Eventually the third guy got up, leaving the two of us. He wanted to see who could 'last longer,' which made me give him a funny look and say it would obviously me just because, in that sort of game of chicken, how could I lose? Where's the point where I'm supposed to be freaked out?

So arms turned to sitting close, to crossing legs over each other's and I pointed out at one point that he'd actually turned submissive, leaning into me and such rather than sitting up (because obviously he wasn't taking 'the game' any further and I didn't want to push him out of his comfort zone.) At one point I swear I almost felt some form of attraction, but didn't want to press it in front of the others sitting back there and without knowing for certain what kind of interests he has.

I had to get up for my cue and prep to go on, ending the game with the show and the next day, it came up again. I was joking about how I'd won, blah blah and he said that didn't matter because he talked the part better. I asked how you could possibly "talk gay" better than someone who was, which earned me a look. I groaned inside, because obviously he was one of the few in the department not filled in on my sexuality, and was thus unaware during our little game yesterday. He recovered from the surprise nicely to his credit and said he was cool with it, but I caught (to my amusement) a look back toward me and him turning his head very quickly when I seemed about to turn mine.

You would think that would be the end of the story, but here's where little things start to show up. Over the next few days after my unexpected confession, I noticed a bit of a change in his attitude. He would purposefully move across the circle at the dress rehearsal dinners to sit next to me, or always seem to have an open seat for notes, walk backstage with no real purpose, but always pass where I'm sitting, or move toward and then position others who come my direction to stand next to me in show circle.

So my ultimate question here is more one of you folks opinion: Do you think he likes me, or that perhaps because I 'came out to him' he feels that we're closer friends? I had one person remark to me that he seemed a bit on the curious side, but I'd hate to really weird him out this time. Keep in mind, I've only listed here the reasons why I think he does, because (as usual) the reasons why he might not be aren't exactly prevalent in my mind. Is it worth my asking himself or having a friend of mine poke around for me? Or am I wasting my time and should find better ways to distract myself?

(Also, kudos to people for getting through another one of my long posts, and thanks for your help :cool: )

nick
September 26th, 2009, 03:15 AM
It seems impossible for anyone else to say. It could be that he's just trying to show that he's still a friend, or it could be that actually he's attracted to you.

MichaelAdams1993
September 26th, 2009, 02:00 PM
I suggest findin another gay friends (if you have one) and seeing if they will talk to him cause then he might be willing to say something since he'll think that their "gaydar" just made them wonder, plus that way you don't ruin anything by asking for anything else. O, and if he is gay, then he definatly likes, if he isn't then he is just trying to show he is still friends with you and accepts you. I think you should post the reasons why you think he might not be gay/intereseted.

DareDevil
September 27th, 2009, 03:33 AM
Alright, lesse (these are always harder to remember ;) )

Reasons why he might not be:

Recently made a big fuss about liking this girl (Very pretty, but didn't go too well)
General 'Oh I'm straight' comments

This one could go either way: Apparently his mom also has a lot of close homosexual friends who've been a pretty decent influence on his opinions of the sexuality (whether that means more tolerant or more open is hard to say)

That's all that really comes to mind.

Shalom
September 27th, 2009, 08:06 AM
It's a mix up between the two in my opinion. I think you should wait it out and see what comes of it. If he starts to fade away a bit then let it go the attraction isn't there and you shouldn't stress over it. He might be confused and willing to get with you, you never know things happen! Just take everything slow as possible and wait for some kind of major hint!