PDA

View Full Version : oh mi god....

MoveAlong
September 22nd, 2009, 08:27 PM
I just came out to one of my friends! over the phone. aahhh

Ok and this is totally ironic because one of the guys on Glee came out to his best friend and me and my friend totally love that show so yeah....

But like omg and stuff....Like it literally just happened 6 minutes ago...like no joke. I have no idea what to think right now. She already has a gay friend so she's fine with it and she's really nice. I told her not to tell ANYONE, not even her sister...

But the reason she asked is that the guy I have a crush on (who's gay) asked her to ask me if I was gay, and then I told her, but since I have a crush on the guy who asked her to ask me, I told her not to tell him. Hahaha. That sentence is just plain funny.

But like oh my gosh...I though'd I'd get away with staying completely in the closet until college...So yeah...umm...comments please?

MichaelAdams1993
September 22nd, 2009, 08:56 PM
That is exactly how I felt after the first few people, I think your lucky if the guy who you like wanted to know if you are gay then he probably has a thing for you so I think you should let her tell at least him.....never know where that will go....

DareDevil
September 22nd, 2009, 09:06 PM
Hey, if he likes you and you like him, go for it. You're quite lucky to have someone not only have mutual interest in you, but actually care enough to get a friend to poke around and see where your interests lie.

MoveAlong
September 22nd, 2009, 09:11 PM
Hey, if he likes you and you like him, go for it. You're quite lucky to have someone not only have mutual interest in you, but actually care enough to get a friend to poke around and see where your interests lie.

That is exactly how I felt after the first few people, I think your lucky if the guy who you like wanted to know if you are gay then he probably has a thing for you so I think you should let her tell at least him.....never know where that will go....

I totally agree with you guys, but I'm not sure whether he likes me or not because she said he was asking because he had got "mixed vibes" from me. He wondered about my sexuality. That's the gaydar talking ;-) but yeah...I agree...if he likes me back I would totally tell him myself, because I think talking through somebody else is immature and puts pressure on her because then she would be the messenger.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaagg
September 22nd, 2009, 09:25 PM
CONGRATS!! =D Feels like relief right? =D Wow... I remember when I came out. Seriously. it feels amazing when you share this with someone. =)

mrmcdonaldduck
September 22nd, 2009, 10:06 PM
congragulations on coming out, it is one of the hardest things you will do. and i think you should let your friend tell the gay guy that you are gay.

DareDevil
September 22nd, 2009, 11:42 PM
I totally agree with you guys, but I'm not sure whether he likes me or not because she said he was asking because he had got "mixed vibes" from me. He wondered about my sexuality. That's the gaydar talking ;-) but yeah...I agree...if he likes me back I would totally tell him myself, because I think talking through somebody else is immature and puts pressure on her because then she would be the messenger.

I can understand the hesitation at first. The need to know basis always feels like it should be very strict at first, but chances are if he cares enough to ask, it's cause he has interest to some extent.

nick
September 23rd, 2009, 01:59 AM
Congratulations, hope things go well for you

ShatteredWings
September 23rd, 2009, 06:08 AM
Um.. well that's at least an interesting way to come out there..

Blue63
September 23rd, 2009, 06:25 PM
Congratulations! Proud of you, not something easy to do! You should be happy, hopefully things will start to finally take off for you!

Miss Sarah
September 23rd, 2009, 07:00 PM
Congratulations! It is the most wonderful feeling to finally get it off your chest. When I first came out, the person I told wound up being my first female partner. Perhaps consider telling the fellow you like, it could develop into something special.

Kaleidoscope Eyes
September 23rd, 2009, 07:10 PM
Congrats on coming out to her, Zach! And don't be too shy about telling the guy! At the very least, he's someone you can identify with and that could bring you closer as friends... or even more. :)

MoveAlong
September 27th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Maybe it's just because I'm in a bad mood right now, but I've never felt more awkward around my friend who I've come out to. You guys are all congratulating me and all I can do is feel self conscious. I'm nervous and scared she will tell and just ugh. Why did I even do that? What was the point? I've never really wanted to tell ANYBODY....I never wanted to tell her. She's not even my best friend. I just did it on an impulse.

And now the first quarter of school is almost up and I have 3 freaking quarters that I have to deal with this. Sometimes I wish I wasn't gay. I'm not saying that I wish I was straight, it's just sometimes I wish I wouldn't have sexual desire or anything.

What if I actually told the guy? He might not like me back. Facepalm. Plus, he might tell other people, and boom, explosion of rumors and lies and dark truths.
What if he liked me? How long could I keep the secret charade up without someone finding out? Rumors spread quickly; it only takes one. And the acceptance at my school isn't that wide; plus, it's such a personal thing, who needs to know? In addition, keeping a relationship secret is hard on the other person, too.

I just wish I had more sense a few days ago. Uggggh ='(

Justwondering
September 27th, 2009, 04:51 PM
You can't take back the past, as much as I would love too lol. It's annoying that we even have to deal with this. Straight people don't have to come out, or deal with the stress, rumors, bullying, and all the horrible things we have to put with.

I take it the person you told is a good friend. Just take her aside and talk to her. Just say that you didn't know what you were thinking and that you don't want anyone knowing right now because you're not ready.

If you want get a boyfriend or tell guys you like them, it sort of requires you to come out. Just like you said, if he isn't gay and is an asshole then he will surely spread it around. I don't think it's fair that we can't have relationships or even hint at them without the fear of being pointed out.

Hopefully your friend will understand you if you decide to tell her.

Carpe Diem. Live each day as if it's your last because you never know what will happen tomorrow.

Giles
September 27th, 2009, 04:54 PM
If I told any1, I think I might just go and hide somewhere... I totally admire you for that!

The Joker
September 28th, 2009, 01:05 AM
Congratulations Zach!

I am so proud for you to have done this.

We need to talk on MSN about this asap. :P