PDA

View Full Version : O.C.D Getting worse!

cooldude123
September 12th, 2009, 09:14 AM
I have had OCD ever since i started High School.

I had to check all my school work very regularly so i didn't get into detention.

Now, anything i do, i have to double/tripple check, and it's getting worse.

What do i do?

chucknorrisrules
October 12th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Anything that's been really stressing you out a lot lately? OCD tends to get worse when you're stressed out or have a lot on your mind. If that's the case, take a moment to sit back and chill. :)

Just a side note: You can never check over your work too much!

Triceratops
October 13th, 2009, 05:52 AM
To be honest, there isn't anything particularly worrying about that since these OCD symptoms are really common.

It's been said previously but your symptoms can worsen if you have a lot of worries and stresses at the time.

You clearly take your school work quite seriously if you're continuously checking it. This isn't necessarily a bad thing but just take a moment not to go too overboard.

NMon
October 31st, 2009, 09:21 PM
OCD isn't bad, it can be helpful, but it can get bad if you go crazy with it.

drewlink99
November 13th, 2009, 10:05 PM
That's not that bad, not to belittle your problem, but I have to shut doors to make sure they are not locked at least 6 times!
It's hard to do I know! But start slow, when you reach 1 LESS than what you have to do STOP!
Then ignore the urge to do it, just WALK AWAY!!!
Try to get it to 2-3, or even gone altogether!
Hope it gets better!

overcome.
November 26th, 2009, 08:11 AM
I will repeatidly check my alarm clock to make sure it's set for the right time and set in general. I have an obsession with certain numbers, TV volumes have to be even numbers or divisible by five otherwise I'm unsettled. That's actually kind of common, there's many other things too. Whether I suffer from OCD or not is unknown to me, I haven't seen a doctor for it - I doubt I will, it doesn't bother me or screw with my mind.

SegundoTJ
January 20th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Im not sure if any of you know but A&E is casting for their second season of "Obsessed" which gives 12-16 weeks of free professional therapy to those with OCD and anxiety disorders. It shows the truth about OCD and really helps people change their lives. You can email [email protected] for more info.