PDA

View Full Version : unsure.

Discomposure
September 4th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Well, for a while now, I have been having really detailed dreams, then when i wake up, i'm unsure as to weather it happened really or not. Like if I had done something really bad in a dream, i would wake up and feel so ashamed and who ever it was to, i would feel wary around them :what:... I decided to go in the schizophrenia forum, for no reason imparticular, and i read the FAQ and the dream thing was in the symptoms... I don't think i have it or anything i just thought it was strange. I only have about 3 of the symptoms. I self-harm. could this be why?

Sapphire
September 4th, 2009, 07:01 PM
I quite often have that sort of confusion with dreams v reality.
(I once woke up convinced that a family member had died only to get a phone call from them that day.)
So don't worry too much about that.

What are the other symptoms? Could they be explained by a bout of depression?

Discomposure
September 4th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Yeah actually they probly could
confused thinking
loss of apetite
social withdrawl

Im goin to see a psychiatrist about depression, not sure when. I never thought of that.
Thanks.

Sapphire
September 4th, 2009, 07:27 PM
I think confused thinking is something that many of us can experience and each one will be slightly different. How are your experiences of it?

It's good that you are going to see a professional about your depression. Maybe asking their opinion on these symptoms would be a good idea. It would give you more peace of mind hearing what they have to say rather than us.

Discomposure
September 4th, 2009, 07:32 PM
I know. :) I don't think it's anything like schizophrenia at all.. it's just cos i read the FAQ's and was like hmm.. I wouldn't diagnose online anyway.

The confused thinking is like I forget things i've said to people, when they say stuff to me I get it all mixed up.

One minute I like a person, the next I dont :S

I get confused loads, over little things... it gets me frustrated being confused about the way i feel.
It's wierd i know..

Sapphire
September 4th, 2009, 07:43 PM
That's the danger with having all these symptoms so readily available to us - we all end up worrying about having things that we probably don't have! Lol, I know I do it (more with physical illnesses than psychological disorders tho)

Tbh you really don't sound like you have schizophrenia.
Still, tell the psychiatrist about these things and see what they think.

Hope it goes well.

Discomposure
September 4th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Haha, it's mad when you read like any symptoms its like, oh my god i've got it haha. And about telling them, I don't want them to think i'm making stuff up or trying to make it seem like i've got more problems.. cos they don't really ask me stuff about how i'm feeling yet. I've only had 2 sessions with them...

Sapphire
September 4th, 2009, 08:12 PM
There is no time scale you have to do this by and tbh it sounds like leaving it won't cause any harm so don't worry if you don't feel right about it atm. Just do so if and when you feel comfortable doing so.

Discomposure
September 4th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Yeah, thank you. ツ

kangaskan240
September 12th, 2009, 01:11 AM
i wouldn't worry about the dreams, thats happened to me before, like i once dreamed i lost all my stuff i a certain mmo i play, i woke up, convinced it had happened, until i got on the game and saw my stuff.