PDA

View Full Version : Precondition Failed Bullshit

Skhorpion
April 1st, 2006, 12:42 AM
Precondition evaluated to false in posting.php in thread "worth reinstalling NIS"

cant post

TheWizard
April 1st, 2006, 07:33 AM
I don't understand what you mean?

Aηdy
April 1st, 2006, 08:00 AM
you can pm me if u want and i can post what u wanna say in a quote

Kiros
April 1st, 2006, 11:12 AM
Precondition evaluated to false in posting.php in thread "worth reinstalling NIS"

cant post

Chill, for some reason, the site was acting weird yesterday. Sometimes it went down as well (not just the forum, but the home website). The issue is probably resolved by now.

Skhorpion
April 1st, 2006, 12:32 PM
chill? i wasnt excited/angry :S

Kiros
April 1st, 2006, 01:40 PM
I know, however, you shouldn't title a topic with vulgar language... Especially in the HQ, where discussions should be kept proper.

Just...Will
April 1st, 2006, 03:10 PM
Maybe Francis was trying to install a MOD that didn't work out?

Kiros
April 1st, 2006, 03:14 PM
I'm not quite sure, but I don't think it's anything to worry about. Dot Servant probably had an overall issue.

TheWizard
April 9th, 2006, 04:40 PM
We need a faster forum software like the one govteen has. Its almost always faster than VT. But I can't afford to buy it cause its $85.00 a year.

I might ask Sam. I think he sometimes pays for stuff for other govteen.org sites.

If we swithched to a new faster forum what should we get?

Kiros
April 9th, 2006, 05:53 PM
I'm for the vBulletin software. It's really flexible and has a huge community of users.

Though I think it's really not so much the software (forum) as it is the server. GovTeen has the same host as we do, however, they have a different server that is probably more dedicated to the forum's traffic.

Aηdy
April 10th, 2006, 08:16 AM
If we swithched to a new faster forum what should we get?

What can we get?

Ravenous
April 10th, 2006, 05:18 PM
VBulletin is the best stuff around. If anything get that. But I doubt the forum software will make much of a difference if we are still on this crappy hosting.

Ravenous
April 12th, 2006, 04:28 PM
It did it again OMFG!!!! Dont get vBulletin, get SMF. It owns.
I am getting that message aswell now, its riiiite annoying.

TheWizard
April 15th, 2006, 02:24 PM
GREAT NEWS!!!!

Sam purchased VBulletin for us. Yippy :)

777 has to install it but that shouldn't take long. I think the hardest part will be moving all the members, forums, and posts over. I'm ready to help with anything I can do.

Hopefully, this will speed up VT a lot.

:bigsmile:

DouggyO.o
April 15th, 2006, 02:29 PM
awesome thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!1

redcar
April 15th, 2006, 03:06 PM
yay thats pretty kewl!!:D

Ravenous
April 15th, 2006, 04:23 PM
Are we staying on the same hosting still though?
Because VT will still be slow then. I hope the switch goes smoothly :|

Aηdy
April 15th, 2006, 04:54 PM
will vt be shut down while its happening?

TheWizard
April 15th, 2006, 05:14 PM
I don't think so. :)

Aηdy
April 15th, 2006, 06:41 PM
ah good good :D no worries them :D

Skhorpion
April 15th, 2006, 08:37 PM
Should have gotten SMF and a decent host.

VT will still suck performance wise.

Triple7
April 15th, 2006, 09:01 PM
Should have gotten SMF and a decent host.

VT will still suck performance wise.

Care to find us a reputable non-post2host free host (that's supported with paid accounts and not run off a PC) with PHP support, MySQL DB's, cPanel (preferably), FTP, at least 1 email account, 230 MB disk space, 25 GB monthly bandwidth, no ads or few text links, good uptime, and room to freely upgrade?

Hosts with "unlimited" and "unmetered" specs do not count. "Unlimited" does not exist, and resources should be monitored.

'Til then, VT has it pretty good.

Skhorpion
April 15th, 2006, 11:08 PM
coconia.net

I forget where you sign up but i got mine free and it works great.

Look see: http://corsai.coconia.net

EDIT: Signup at 100webspace.com . The free one has 100mb of space and 3gb of monthly bandwidth and one banner. Personal gets you 500mb of storage, 10gb monthly bandwidth, no ads, 20 email accounts, SQL database, php support, room to "freely upgrade", UPS and a diesel generator server backup, AND its hosted on linux. For only 3 bucks a month, paid annualy.

If the monthly bandwidth isnt enough theres a personal pro plan for 7.95 a month paid annualy that includes 5gb storage, 80gb monthly bandwidth,etc.

I think it would be a better choice to have anyone who wants to to chip in to chip in and paying ~100 a year for good hosting than just changing forum software. Theres what? 3 admins? If admins each pay 20 a year + 10 from mods then this place would run smoothly and everyone would be happy. 10 or 20 bucks a year isnt bad, especialy considering a lot of people here get at least minimum wage. They can put aside 2 dollars a month then at the end of the year donate it to a paypal account or something.

Here is thier plans: http://100webspace.com/web_hosting/personal_plan.html

http://100webspace.com/web_hosting/personal_pro_plan.html

Dont get me wrong, I just think it would be smarter to get a host that can run this place smoothly than buy some software that would just make it look different. New host = more speed/features. New software = looks different.

Triple7
April 15th, 2006, 11:17 PM
coconia.net

I forget where you sign up but i got mine free and it works great.

Look see: http://corsai.coconia.net

Your site is hosted by 100Webspace.com. Their linked logo is on your site and coconia.net.

100Webspace.com has ads, and it's not even close to meeting what VT needs. It falls short by 130 MB in space, 22 GB in bandwidth, and about 60 MB in MySQL space.

Skhorpion
April 15th, 2006, 11:25 PM
Edited my post.