PDA

View Full Version : How many gay and bi in your school?

NVerson
August 26th, 2009, 11:00 AM
How much percentage of gay, bi in your school? Just curious:yawn:

Dutlee
August 26th, 2009, 11:29 AM
im the only one so =(

ArtistInNeed
August 26th, 2009, 02:50 PM
there are alot of gay and bisexual students at my high school, i graduated now but at my high school and college there is a Gay Straight Alliance and as far as i kno for the college there are alot of students attending.

Aves
August 26th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Idk, but i put 11-15% probably right.

The Harlequin
August 26th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Virtually none, it's a Roman Catholic school ~ they're all closet if they are, there are none in my year except me that I know of ~ oh there's one other obviously gay guy but he's *shudder* a horrible person, and still in the closet.

There are a few in the year below ~ that's it, and I'm not out just yet, but that'll make Sixth Form interesting (X^{

Confused123
August 26th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Well in Los angeles almost everyone is homophobic so I can't be sure since everyone is scared to open up. The only people that ever open up are Bi girls and even then girls make fun of them It's messed up

ShatteredWings
August 26th, 2009, 04:18 PM
There's a few..i can think of....one, two.. four. three guys one chick (and me) who haven't graduated

but i live within 10 miles of two catholic highschools, and three christan ones. ...so even the public schools arent' great

Guillermo
August 26th, 2009, 07:21 PM
If there are any at my school then they're not open about their sexuality. But i couldnt blame them because my school is not exactly the best school to be open. =/

Confused123
August 26th, 2009, 08:16 PM
If there are any at my school then they're not open about their sexuality. But i couldnt blame them because my school is not exactly the best school to be open. =/
Exactly the same here

tripolar
August 26th, 2009, 08:35 PM
It might be a lot but barely anyone is out. 4 are out that's it, but they are more than that just that they do not accept anyone that's other than straight. The way i see it, no one needs to know that I'm bi it would destroy my public image.

bowlheadhere
August 26th, 2009, 09:19 PM
A lot of people declare that they are straight (only 4 people say they are straight/bi), but in reality I think that their are a lot of gay/bi people. I mean, I am bi so I can tell (for the most part) if people are straight/gay/bi. There is just something that tells you that they are straight/gay/bi... Everytime (except once) I have asked someone, they have admited it. I am greatful that they trusted me enough to be open with me. :)

tyler27846
August 26th, 2009, 09:36 PM
if there are any at college there in the closet

MoveAlong
August 26th, 2009, 10:01 PM
good question. It's really weird. I'm starting to find more and more queers and les-creatures.

I just met a bisexual and a lesbian today. And then my friend's gay. I hug this gay guy. And I know of this one lesbian. So I'd say that there's quite a few.

To those who say they're the only one, that is really unlikely. People estimate that every 1/10 people are gay. Maybe others are not out of the closet, or don't know they're gay, or are trying to fight it. Or you don't know them.

Archer600
August 26th, 2009, 10:53 PM
at my school it's not. Good thing to be gay so there r like 7 I know about and probubly a few more that havnt come out...although I don't see why they don't I personaly wouldn't give a shit about it if they did but if some kid didn't come out just to save himself a little flack from everyone else one thing I noticed is they get it anyway and I feel they deserve it if they're gonna do that

DarkWingedAngel
August 26th, 2009, 10:55 PM
theres at least 20% or more that are gay or bi

AllThatIsLeft
August 27th, 2009, 01:48 AM
ummmmmmmmmmmm.. at least 6 girls, most of them closet. and guys, one for sure, tho closet, and I cant tell about the rest if they are. =\

Zero Beat
August 27th, 2009, 02:12 AM
So far i have found... 3, one gay, 2 bi. But the only guy is err... what you say... ugly.

Atonement
August 27th, 2009, 02:22 AM
at least 6 girls, most of them closet. and guys, one for sure, tho closet, and I cant tell about the rest if they are. =\

If they're closet, how are you "for sure"?

AllThatIsLeft
August 27th, 2009, 02:26 AM
most of them i know :) .... i'm the girl everyone talks to.
kind of explains why my best friends and bi are les.
the rest just feel comfortable talking to me about their stories which in fact reveal more in-closet people.

and the guy, because i've seen him with his bf who he secretly has.

Yesterdays Hero
August 27th, 2009, 04:12 AM
I have no idea.

confusedboy
August 27th, 2009, 11:37 AM
There's a handful @ my school (9 or so). But it sucks cuz I don't find any of them attractive except for 2 of then (1 used me & the other just broke up with me) I say all the others still in hiding need to come out lol ;)

itsandrew_
August 27th, 2009, 05:01 PM
There is not many at my school.

Huskyboy132
August 27th, 2009, 05:07 PM
I really wish there were more gays at my school.
I'm pretty suee there are some but they havnt come out yet :/
So 0 - 5 %
P.s. 100th post :D :D

Fourth Dimension
August 27th, 2009, 05:28 PM
doesnt seem like theres many but im sure there are more than ppl are letting on i live in a very homophobic town

TexasRangersKid
August 29th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Including me about 8, like 5 gays and 3 lesbians

JackOfClubs
August 29th, 2009, 09:50 AM
I know for a fact that there are at least 2 or 3. And I think one of the teachers is. But it is a small school, only 500 students, so its not really diverse.

Kinetic
August 29th, 2009, 02:11 PM
theres a large amount of bi's (guys n girls) at my school but a small gay community (due to california's homophobic syndrome) with the exception of frisco <3.

YourFriend
August 29th, 2009, 03:12 PM
How would i know? There aren't polls about sexuallity in my school.

KenFisher
August 29th, 2009, 03:20 PM
well, 2 guys, including me! Basically we're the only two, and most, if not everyone knows.
I have NO idea if any others are, but, in that place, rumours usually get round the whole place by the end of the day...

Jagador
August 31st, 2009, 12:08 AM
My old school has a handful, but it is slowly increasing. I transferred out, so i have no clue about my new school

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaagg
August 31st, 2009, 10:00 PM
I know a lot of bis and gays but they're all closet and they're all male, except me, im bi and Im open about it. There are a few girls that are bi and one lesbian.

MichaelAdams1993
August 31st, 2009, 10:44 PM
I voted in the O-5% range but the thing is that my school is a small one (very small I live in a small town) so 5% is actually quite a few people. I have two close friends that are gay and I know there are others, especially in my class. O and there is ME! :) So eve though its a small portion we still have quite a few gay people. As far as I know though, we don't have any lesbians or and bisexuals. Didn't occur till me just know that that's kinda interesting.

themanwhoneverwould
September 1st, 2009, 09:17 AM
There is me, then i think there are 2 others that are 'out.' but they are lezbians, so no chance for me getting a partner any time soon. Oh well. I'll live

Schon
September 2nd, 2009, 08:01 PM
i only know of one. but im waiting for a guy to surface :D

100th post :woot:

diamond jetstream
September 4th, 2009, 07:30 AM
not many at my school i know three gay guys and one bisexual girl

thepieman
September 5th, 2009, 10:31 AM
I know of 2 gays and 2 bis (including me). Well they're the out ones, plus me. But in reality...

There are a few people who haven't come out but everyone thinks is gay, and that's a fair assumption for some. I voted 0-5%, but including closet gay/bi/lesbian, it could be nearer to 10%.

I've not come out to most yet, and don't plan to at my school. That's probably a lot of other people's opinions there too.