PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong?

Furn_93
August 11th, 2009, 02:00 PM
I'm paranoid I have schizophrenia.

I keep thinking i'm hearing voices, but I don't know if they're real... I sometimes have to rewind things to check if it was me or the tv, but in a way I kinda think its just me being paranoid.... but then I think oh god no my mind is playing tricks on me, its like a voice... (So far its always been the TV, but i'm worried one time it won't be) I keep thinking i'm having the 'delusions' and the 'hallucinations' that are in line with schizophrenia....

I'm really really worried. I don't know if i'm being a hypochondriac of if this is a sign i'm developing it. I keep thinking i'm going to start feeling how people with it keep feeling....

I've been alone quite a lot recently, and seem to be really tired all the time. I don't show emotions that much nowadays, but i'm a teenage boy... I feel it inside but I don't show it mostly (because I don't want to) I keep thinking my internal thoughts are gonna start turning into voices...

Please, please please what's wrong? Do I just need more sleep? I'm really really scared.. i'm actually shaking.

JunkBondTrader
August 12th, 2009, 08:52 AM
You say you're hearing voices which is a hallmark symptom of schizophrenia. If you're really worried about it then talk to a mental health professional.

You say you're tired all the time though which is usually a symptom of depression which is far more common that schizophrenia. You wonder if you need more sleep. How much have you been getting recently?

BuryYourFlame
August 12th, 2009, 03:52 PM
We can't diagnose you here at VT, it would be best to go to a GP or other health professional to get a proper diagnosis. You should also not self-diagnose, this can also be dangerous.

Although it does sound like you have one of the main symptoms of schizophrenia, again, we can't diagnose you.

Kaleidoscope Eyes
August 19th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Hearing voices (auditory hallucinations) can be part of a variety of different disorders, and schizophrenia includes many other typical symptoms. Hearing voices alone is not enough for a diagnosis, so unless you've done your research and think you fit some other symptoms as well, don't worry too much that that's what this is. Schizophrenia is a scary word, no need to freak yourself out prematurely. :)

As suggested above, please see your doctor. No matter what's going on, it's obviously bothering you, and you shouldn't have to live with that. Your doctor may be able to work with you on this, or they may suggest someone who can. I'd recommend seeing a therapist of some sort, whether they're a psychologist with a PhD or a counselor with a master's degree. Someone to talk to, who has training in psychology and how to provide therapy. It's possible to get past these symptoms and get your life back, so lets see what we can do about that. :)