PDA

View Full Version : People who DONT live in the US- Gay/Bisexual Acceptance.

bowlheadhere
August 8th, 2009, 02:38 AM
Hey, I was just wondering if people seem to accept gay/bisexuality in your country?

I am personally bisexual, am the kind of person who sexuality/orientation doesnt really matter because I just want to get to know people for who they are. It is really hard sometimes when people keep making fun of gay and bisexual people just because they might just so happen to be attracted to the same sex and/or find love with someone of the same sex. It seems as though everywhere I go, people keep making fun of gay/bisexual people and one can only take so much. So yea, is gay/bisexuality more accepted in other countries?

waterski
August 8th, 2009, 02:51 AM
Well it depends on what country. In some countries, you could be like beheaded or tortured until you're dead because you are gay/bisexual. But in the US for the most part, Gay and Bisexuality is accepted. But everywhere you go, no matter what country, continent, region, etc you go to, there will always be people there that will make fun of yours and other peoples sexual orientations. There are just some people out there that are like that where ever you go. ]= It sucks that it has to be that way. But it is what it is. =]

Hope that helps!

P.S. I'm bi too!! =D

bowlheadhere
August 8th, 2009, 02:59 AM
Dang. It sucks! I think it is because I just dont want to accept the truth.

I just kind of wish that people would just accept people for who they are and accept that they might just find love with someone of the same sex. Arent we all just looking for love?

waterski
August 8th, 2009, 03:03 AM
Yeah. I wish it was like that, too. ): Oh well...

CairAndros
August 8th, 2009, 04:29 AM
Some places are worse than others and even then it depends on what your friends and that are like, cause there are a couple of people in my year who have come out as Bisexual/Gay and we have accepted that and sometimes joke with them about it - not in a derrogatory way just a sorta "Bet you like that guy" "Bet he's getting you hard" type thing - yet others are like we are not speaking to them again because of what they are Bi/Gay.

As I said it all depends on what people are like themselves as to whether it is accpeted or not.

bizarre
August 8th, 2009, 04:53 AM
in some parts of africa and the middle east you get the death penelty or life in prison.:(

bowlheadhere
August 8th, 2009, 11:06 PM
I just kind of wonder what the true reason behind people thinking that gay/bisexuality is bad.

scuba steve
August 8th, 2009, 11:07 PM
what makes you think it's so differant mate cept for all those developing nations

IAMWILL
August 8th, 2009, 11:31 PM
Puberty For Boys :arrow2: Teen Sexuality

Even this is more of a discussion and question it pertains to sexuality so i will move it there.

bowlheadhere
August 8th, 2009, 11:53 PM
I don't know. I think it is because the area i live in does not really accept ANY form of homosexuality.

YourFriend
August 9th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Most of the people here don't accept gays and bis.

Yesterdays Hero
August 9th, 2009, 05:37 PM
I'm from Australia, and I'm bisexual. This is my point of view on how accepting Australia is to the gay and bi people of the country. I think that all the straight people in the country are either, fine with gays, hate gays, don't hate gays, but are uncomfortable being around them. I think straight people in Australia are evenly spread out into those three categories.

thedudeman
August 9th, 2009, 09:17 PM
im straight, but where i live it isnt even accepted and i live in the frisco bay area, gayest place on earth, i go to a school with lots of ghetto/hip hop, whatever you wanna call it kids, and theyre culture(typically nanti homo culture) does not accept gays, when my friends se one of the gays walkin around they look at them as if there unhuman, its horrible, i like to defend them tho, say, why the hell do you care? more pussy for us right? or are you mad cuz you want men to yourself? its funny as hell cuz they never say shit about gays again after i call em out on it, im one of the rare straight guys who sticks up for gays, its hard for them, so why make it harder? they cant control that there gay. i went through a period where i had acute anxiety from quitting heaver drug use and would convince myself i was gay for a few days also would convince myself of other stupid things, like going to hell and having cancer, etc. then it would pass and i would be normal again, so i know the pain and will never treat gays like that again, if only all straight kids could be forced to go through what i went through, then maybe your life would be easier, ive always wanted to see one of those gay guys who beats up on intolerant straights, you should intimidate those intolerant assholes, don't let em bring you down, bring them down

Zero Beat
August 10th, 2009, 05:48 AM
I'm from Australia, and I'm bisexual. This is my point of view on how accepting Australia is to the gay and bi people of the country. I think that all the straight people in the country are either, fine with gays, hate gays, don't hate gays, but are uncomfortable being around them. I think straight people in Australia are evenly spread out into those three categories.

Maxy is right, most the people i know here (australia) either hate, dont hate, ect. But im glad gays/bi's arnt getting killed here. Its just not fare.

punkjake
August 10th, 2009, 07:58 AM
well i live in the south with a lot of "Jesus" freaks so yeah...but i acept and think its just nature and your born with it :) :yeah: but i try to get some of my closed minded family ,unlike me :) ,to open there eyes and see the truth that there isn't truley anything wrong with it,my inner demons though sometimes make me joke about them to make people laugh :( sorry and think its unnormal.But for the rest i'm straight(slang for ok ;) ) with it

bowlheadhere
August 10th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Does anyone know why people have such a problem with same sex marriage? Like what their true reason behind it is...???

scuba steve
August 10th, 2009, 08:42 PM
well in my view marriage is religious, even though i'm not. maybe because same sex would lack the ability to reproduce or some shit

thepieman
August 11th, 2009, 03:18 PM
It's mostly accepted in the UK, apart from some people who still don't agree. It also depends on whereabouts you are. Some places are have a large gay population, whereas other places, sadly like where I live, are old-fashioned.

The Harlequin
August 11th, 2009, 07:07 PM
It's mostly accepted in the UK, apart from some people who still don't agree. It also depends on whereabouts you are. Some places are have a large gay population, whereas other places, sadly like where I live, are old-fashioned.

I think it's more accepted in the south ~ having moved and seen both cultures, I think that's mainly to do with being closer to London and modern ways of thinking, whereas where I am at least, there is a tendancy to think backwards...

But that said my friends have been great about me being bi, but I get the feeling the older generation wouldn't be so forgiving (:^.

thepieman
August 12th, 2009, 11:43 AM
I think it's more accepted in the south ~ having moved and seen both cultures, I think that's mainly to do with being closer to London and modern ways of thinking, whereas where I am at least, there is a tendancy to think backwards...

But that said my friends have been great about me being bi, but I get the feeling the older generation wouldn't be so forgiving (:^.

That's exactly the same here lol. The only place I can think of in the north where it is more accepted by older people is Manchester.

NVerson
August 12th, 2009, 12:28 PM
I live in Korea (south) and people here are very conservative :(

It isn't a closed society as a whole but yes it is closed when it comes

to sexuality

Cromm
August 12th, 2009, 01:32 PM
I live in Canada, more specifically in Toronto - the most multicultural city on Earth, and there seems to be very little 'gay hate' here, but I'm sure it varies from place to place.

Even within the United States, acceptance varies widely; and high school is like, a soiciety unto itself. Like a micro-city that doesn't nessisarily reflect the social values of the community in which it's located.

High school is a weird animal. Through my HS life, I knew several gay guys, some of them quite obvoiusly gay. ... it's weird, to my knowledge, no one ever made fun of them specifically for being gay, but they'd make fun gay guys in gerneral (not around them, though), or call each other "fag" in a derogatory way. It's weird... it's like they were afraid of insulting them personally, but they were still a bit homophobic.

Personally, I don't care about sexualities, but I am uncomfortable around boisterous personalities.

charlie w
August 12th, 2009, 02:19 PM
it compleatly varies where i live. some people are all for it. others (like my grandparents) are completly against gays ect.

scuba steve
August 12th, 2009, 05:31 PM
it compleatly varies where i live. some people are all for it. others (like my grandparents) are completly against gays ect.

well that because they basically came from a generation of Biggotry etc

Hyper
August 12th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Fairly homophobic here..

Most people share the '' if their not in my sight idc '' opinion but theres some skinheads and such..

the_conquerer
August 14th, 2009, 09:57 AM
At my school (in the south of england) no one is openly gay or bi so if i came out, it would probably come with a load of grief if anyone came out :/