PDA

View Full Version : Think I'm Bi-Polar

Church
July 31st, 2009, 05:57 PM
The reason I think this is sometimes I can be very happy etc., then the smallest things will make me incredibly angry for just a minute or two then I'm back to normal, and other times I'm depressed for no reason. And in those times of depression I feel I'm worthless and the world is better off without me.

So am I bi-polar or just insane or something?

Triceratops
August 1st, 2009, 12:03 PM
No, you are not insane.

This is probably down to adolescent hormones as these mood swings are more than extremely common within those experiencing puberty.

However, I don't you in real life to judge whether you should see someone or not and of course no one can diagnose you with anything here.

sweetxnovember
August 1st, 2009, 11:21 PM
Well, don't expect a professional diagnosis here, because I'm not a doctor.

It looks like it's more than likely just hormones. Bipolar isn't always rapid mood swings. (though it can be) Manic or depressive states can last for days, weeks, or even months! Trust me, i live in a house with 2 people who are bipolar and they make me go nuts sometimes. It's tough to really say whether you should consult a professional or not, because it sounds like It could just be hormones.

INFERNO
August 2nd, 2009, 03:10 AM
For bipolar the mood swings are independent of the situation, so if something makes your mood change then it's not bipolar, it's you reacting to whatever the situation is. There's also the hormones that would exaggerate the behaviors. So it's not easy to figure out the cause of it, however, you are not insane.

sylviaswims
January 27th, 2010, 05:48 PM
I have rapid-cycling bipolar disorder, and it's a lot less common then regular bipolar disorder, which it doesn't sound like you have. Probably just hormones. But if you really want to find out, or want help... You should go to an adult. If you ever get really depressed and are thinking about suicide though, tell an adult. I was first diagnosed with Major Depression, because I was going through a VERY low time, so they didn't see the other part of me. I got a psychiatric evaluation in the emergency room. Don't take advantage of that though, cause if you're really bad they can admit you into the psych ward, and you don't have much say over that... But yeah just go talk to an adult if you're really wanting to know. Maybe you could talk to your school social worker.