PDA

View Full Version : Would this be part of OCD?

Melodius Nocturne
July 5th, 2009, 06:12 AM
Bah another possible problem with me! Dammit

But onto my question, i thought this was just some weird thing my brain did to me until my sister was talking about this guy she was talking to who had OCD, and what happens to him happens to me. Its like a voice in my head or my brain saying that if i dont do something then something will happen, sometimes minor things sometimes big things eg. tonight i looked out the eye hole in the holiday appartment block we're in and in my head i heard 'if you dont go out there then you're gonna die' and i got all freaked out and went as absolute outside as i could....

...now could that be ocd?

IAMSAM
July 5th, 2009, 11:03 AM
OCD=Debiliatating and paralyzing. Not what you're describing here.

People sometimes get 'weird' ideas or urges, but unless they shut you down, it's (mercifully!) not OCD.

INFERNO
July 5th, 2009, 05:27 PM
It could be something else other than OCD, such as just a high level of stress, you hearing about what he does an unconsciously you end up harping on it and doing it, etc... . I wouldn't be so quick to conclude it's OCD.

Antares
July 9th, 2009, 03:01 AM
If you would do anything to follow that voice, no matter how crazy it is, if you feel like you are going to not be able to do anything if you don't follwo the voice, then you should talk to a doctor. They may diagnose you.

Kale
July 9th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Bah another possible problem with me! Dammit

But onto my question, i thought this was just some weird thing my brain did to me until my sister was talking about this guy she was talking to who had OCD, and what happens to him happens to me. Its like a voice in my head or my brain saying that if i dont do something then something will happen, sometimes minor things sometimes big things eg. tonight i looked out the eye hole in the holiday appartment block we're in and in my head i heard 'if you dont go out there then you're gonna die' and i got all freaked out and went as absolute outside as i could....

...now could that be ocd?

Look up "schizophrenia."

You probably don't have it, but let's humor this. The voice inside your head is usually just your fear and self-doubt trying to protect you. Human beings are weird creatures and have varying levels of survivability (while most have no survival skills because of today's modern technology and others are just plain lucky), so it's probably just that little bit of primal instinct talking to you.

That or you're lying and trying to create a problem where there shouldn't be any.

If your sister told you that's OCD, tell her to read a motha' fuckin' book.

Atonement
July 9th, 2009, 06:50 PM
I think its perfectly normal. Schizophrenia is not diagnosed nor present in people that arne't done with puberty. Also, OCD gets in the way of your life. This just sounds like urges.

Mystic
September 15th, 2009, 06:27 AM
You are going to die.

But seriously don't worry, it's nothing serious and time will pass it by.