PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm getting O.C.D?

King
June 9th, 2009, 03:29 AM
I brushed my teeth 19 times over the long weekend. Is that normal? Then I started dusting my television and cleaning my computer. All of a sudden everything just feels dirty. Is this bad? Will it go away?:what:

PrincessSarey
June 9th, 2009, 06:31 AM
I don't think you can just "get" OCD.
Has anything "triggered" this off?

Stevo 69
June 9th, 2009, 09:04 AM
That does sound a little over the top on average people brush their teeth 2-3 times a day unless recommended otherwise, but too much and you could actually damage your teeth.

INFERNO
June 9th, 2009, 11:13 PM
If it was just over the weekend and no other time, then it's not OCD as it doesn't randomly start with that intensity that you're describing. Do you happen to know what triggered this? Why does everything feel dirty? Did you do other very repetative tasks other than brushing your teeth?

If it keeps occurring, then I would recommend you consult with a doctor whether it be for this or for other abnormally repetative tasks. If none of them continue, then I would not do so unless something still is causing you a great deal of distress.

However, try to reduce the amount of teeth brushing as if you continue brushing them 19 times or so over the weekend for a while, then you can damage the gums.

To answer the poll, about 6-9 times over a long weekend, closer to just 6 or 7 though.

Eaglecloud
April 7th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Do you have reoccurring thoughts or anxiety?

Aspiringanonymous
April 13th, 2010, 08:54 PM
Bump from June 2009 :locked: