PDA

View Full Version : Weird OCD

punkjake
June 5th, 2009, 07:09 PM
I only worry when people say I'm obessing and than i start to get all anxious but then they say I've been doing better it for some reason magicaly gos away like my brain makes it self think it has OCD or somtin.I ussaly only obess about things about me examples:My hispanic background,am i uptight,am i weird,and am i ugly .Do you think i have OCD(If i do its only the worring all the time type)

IAMSAM
June 5th, 2009, 10:33 PM
You're keeping me very busy today, Jake!

First, OCD tends to run in families, is there anyone with the diagnosis?

Second, as I said in a previous post to you, there's a diff btw'n 'anxiety' or 'fussiness' and downright OCD. OCD is a debilitating illness that really interferes massively with daily functioning. That doesn't sound like you, thankfully.

Anxiety? Maybe. Try to address that and learn some coping skills and strategies for the things that worry you or that you're preoccupied by. If you cannot do that on your own, tell your folks and let them get you to a doctor who can work with you to relieve the symptoms.

INFERNO
June 6th, 2009, 12:08 AM
I only worry when people say I'm obessing and than i start to get all anxious but then they say I've been doing better it for some reason magicaly gos away like my brain makes it self think it has OCD or somtin.I ussaly only obess about things about me examples:My hispanic background,am i uptight,am i weird,and am i ugly .Do you think i have OCD(If i do its only the worring all the time type)

OCD falls under the family of anxiety disorders, and so you could simply have a different anxiety disorder, some other non-anxiety mental disorder, more than one mental disorder or no mental disorders at all. Being anxious is not a mental disorder. Myself, I don't think you have OCD but that is only from reading one paragraph, so I may be wrong.