PDA

View Full Version : I have ADD

jetbluerocks
June 4th, 2009, 01:51 AM
I have it and i have to take meds for it and they make me lose my appatite :whip: so i always get headachs.....AND I HATE IT CUZ I ALWAYS GET DISTRACTED!!:mad:i also get made fun of....anything to help?

IAMSAM
June 4th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Some ADD meds can cause loss of appetite. But, they're also supposed to help with attention and concentration, which you're complaining of. So, t might be best to tell your folks and have them make an appt. to see the doc that's prescribing them. Perhaps an adjustment or change is due.

Bambi Brute
June 7th, 2009, 02:26 PM
How do you get made fun of, of having ADD? Just curious.

Rolla7
June 7th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Don't worry. ADD doesn't make you stupid. I have it, and my GPA is usually in the 3.5-3.8 area, even without meds. Yes, the meds do cause some appetite loss.

Don't see ADD as a problem. See it as a gift others don't have. People with ADD are generally more creative and more talented in the fine arts. For example, I also play piano, and am currently in our schools marching band (best in the state), becoming a quint player next year. It also gives you a unique view on things. you see things differently then everyone else, which can be a good thing.

In fact, some of the most famous people in history had ADD. Einstein, Abraham Lincoln, and Beethoven all had ADD. It makes you unique.

dantheman5000
October 2nd, 2009, 10:35 AM
I have it and i have to take meds for it and they make me lose my appatite :whip: so i always get headachs.....AND I HATE IT CUZ I ALWAYS GET DISTRACTED!!:mad:i also get made fun of....anything to help?

hey dont worry my meds did that to me as well! i felt like i was a zombie! and i felt like the loss of appetite was beneficial but its still bad. your not stupid! keep faith!

fhaye101
November 6th, 2009, 06:23 AM
I've been taking meds before got negative results when taking so my mom let me try to go on a drug-free treatment. At first it is actually hard for me w/o meds but eventually gotta grip of it. It is really a good feeling on a drug free treatment.

My mom let me read this regarding a drug free treatment hope this might help you to convince you on it:
ADD ADHD Medications: Drug-Free Treatments (http://www.add-adhd-teen-help.com/add-adhd/add-adhd-medications-drug-free-treatments.html/)

BigBulge
November 23rd, 2009, 04:22 PM

I had exactly the same problem. The only long last ADD med which has ever properly worked for me is Equasym XL (although it is still derived from methylphenedate hydrochloride). I'm on it now and its the only one which didn't cause mood swings, appetite loss, etc. Ask your psychiatrist if you can try it out. Its not widely prescribed but it was a German holiday-making psychiatrist who recommended it to me (my full time medical reviewer has been no help) and it is perfect! They only really suggest it in Germany now but they will get some in if you can get it prescribed.

As for the mickey-taking, i went through this for a bit, but just say something like "1 in 8 people have ADD but aren't diagnosed". I doubt its true but it'll shut them up and are any of them actually going to look it up.

Also, talk to a teacher. I'm sure this comes under discrimination in some way in the mental disabilities act.

zgrazier
November 24th, 2009, 12:15 PM
concerta made me lose my appetite and shit..
thats what im on now.
it gives me headaches as well.
just carry ibuprofen around with you.
i take 800mgs to get rid of the headaches.
XD

Kale
November 27th, 2009, 05:58 PM
i honestly don't believe that people will make fun of you for having the normal amount of an attention span, lol.

unless you go around yelling I HAVE ADD AJAJAJAAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJJ i think you'll be fine. lol.

BUENA
May 1st, 2010, 10:37 PM
I don't know if I can help you which meds are better....but I know that you can take like omega 3. My brother has ADD and i hate it when people make fun of those who have it. Most people don't have any respect for those who have ADD

Aspiringanonymous
May 1st, 2010, 11:27 PM
I know you're trying to help, but please don't bump old threads. This is five months old, and almost a year since the OP's post. :locked:

Make sure to take heed of post dates, next time - especially in less active forums such as this one. Thanks!