PDA

View Full Version : ADHD and your life

MuseDae
May 28th, 2009, 07:52 PM
I was diagnosed with ADHD at age 7, and I've been on medication for it since age 8. I was a terrible child, honestly I'm surprised my parents never killed me. I would throw temper tantrums over the stupidest things. I was violent [I still am, unfortunately], short tempered [I'm working on it], and an all around little bitch. I suppose you could say that my ADHD was a curse in my childhood, but now, at 16, I regard it more as a gift. With my ADHD, I have to force myself to adapt to situations differently, because I have some minor physical disabilities as well [multiple leg and foot surgeries to correct issues]. My ADHD causes me to think outside of the box, and last year, I wrote a controversial issue paper about AD/HD. It's one of my best papers, and I treasure it. I believe that while some people believe that ADD/ADHD are "make believe" or they're more like "a discipline disorder" than anything else, they've never had to feel the way we do. I find that my ADHD makes me who I really am. While, yes, if I go off of my medication, I become extremely depressed, hysterical and hard to control, I know that with time and patience I will work through those issues. I am addicted to caffiene and without anti-depressants, I can't function, due to the lack of serotonin brought on by my ADHD. But I'm still proud.

I think my ADHD has made me a stronger person. What do you think ADHD has done for your life, either in a negative or positive sense?

nightmare god
October 3rd, 2009, 10:31 PM
i was diagnosed with adhd at age 3 been on meds since 4 and have a lot of pissed off issues with school, doctors, parents,& anyone else who makes me mad

SgtZach
November 9th, 2009, 03:22 AM
i was diagnosed with ad/hd at the age of 7 i have manged to control my hyperness by focusing it into games the only problem is im now addicted to games so much so i dont have a life ...... but I'm getting tired of all these doctors prescribing add to children because their parents don't control them

zgrazier
November 23rd, 2009, 12:19 PM
I Agree that adhd has made me stronger.
it makes me have a different yet enjoyable mind view on life.
and i love it.
XD

nightmare god
June 11th, 2010, 12:01 PM
my adhd actully helps me when im running it sortof makes me pick up speed and i never tie with anyone in a race

Powerline
June 15th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Mine doesnt give me much problems. I was diagnosed at a later age like around 12 or 13 I have it under control mostly though and I take medication for it now and then

Obscene Eyedeas
June 15th, 2010, 04:43 PM
:locked: please do not bump old threads