PDA

View Full Version : Can deodorant go bad?

The Joker
May 18th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Well, I was wondering if deodorant can do bad.

My mom started teaching me about puberty when I was 10. At the time, I wasn't experiencing it at all. It did confuse me a bit. She also got me a deodorant, and occasionally told me to put it on, but at the time I really had no use for it. Now, three years later, now I have a use for it, and I was just wondering, can deodorant go bad?

Slaughtlander
May 18th, 2009, 06:18 PM
My first one was like that too, I used it and it was fine, no guarantees tho!

IAMWILL
May 18th, 2009, 06:50 PM
If you're talking about the same deodorant you've had for three years, get rid of it!!!

Anything and almost everything will go bad if you don't use it for a couple weeks, so you not using deodorant for THREE YEARS.... ya, go buy some Old Spice.

The Joker
May 18th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Yeah, I hadn't used it before because I physically didn't need it. I never used it since I have needed it, as I figured there was something that could go bad with it.

LUCKY555
May 18th, 2009, 07:22 PM
i dont know but three years....i wouldnt chance it...throw that out

timster
May 18th, 2009, 08:06 PM
I would recomend go buying a new one. There's no harm in doing so.

HikaruTheHunter
May 18th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Deodorant can expire like toothpaste or a food. It simply just dries out and there is no use for it. So technically its not going bad, its going stale.

The Joker
May 18th, 2009, 08:15 PM
I would recomend go buying a new one. There's no harm in doing so.

Yep, I just didn't want to throw out something that didn't need to be.

Sceneboy612
May 18th, 2009, 09:25 PM
well it is 3 years old, and a new one is at most like 5 bucks, where i am anyway, so i wouldnt even bother with it, and i would go out and buy a new one... and if you dont want to waste it, use it as a back up for when yours runs out

david191
May 18th, 2009, 09:29 PM
A new stick costs about three to five dollars here in Canada, go splurge.

metallicamaniac
May 18th, 2009, 09:35 PM
I would get some new stuff dude. Haha 3 years? Yeah. But if it's not hard, it could be okay.

Koman
May 18th, 2009, 09:40 PM
i would assume eventually everything expires. But i guess it also depends on your definition of expire.

gone
June 30th, 2009, 02:15 PM
probs best to go pick up a new one..

Requin
June 30th, 2009, 02:19 PM
What's in deodorant cans?
Water basically. Even so..yes I'd recomend getting some new ones. They don't cost the earth luckily. Especially if you avoid branded ones.

Θάνατος
June 30th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Well, I was wondering if deodorant can do bad.

My mom started teaching me about puberty when I was 10. At the time, I wasn't experiencing it at all. It did confuse me a bit. She also got me a deodorant, and occasionally told me to put it on, but at the time I really had no use for it. Now, three years later, now I have a use for it, and I was just wondering, can deodorant go bad?

I guess it all depends on what type of deodorant you are using. Stick or gel will dry up. I don't think aerosol will go bad.

So if it is not dried up it should be be good to use still.

Sktrjer
June 30th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Just for health reasons... U may wanna try replacing ur deodorant stick every month or so.

marty
July 1st, 2009, 12:04 AM
While the deodorant itself might still be useful, after a few months of usage, bacteria will have found a new home in your stick. It is better for your health to keep replacin them every few months.

MoveAlong
July 1st, 2009, 12:04 AM
I would get a new one, because the first time you use deodorant, it's probably going to feel weird and might irritate your armpits. If it's older, there's probably a greater chance of it irritating your armpits.

I would reccomend not getting Axe, that stuff is freakin nasty. Also, if you get a rash or irritation from the deodorant, stop using it and get a different one.
Be sure to get something that's antiperspirant. It's probably gonna be your best friend against sweat. Underarm sweat feels nasty.

sebbie
July 1st, 2009, 01:30 AM
Get a new deodorant if not for health reasons more for fashion reasons. After 3 years it is bound to be an old smelling one. :)

punkjake
July 1st, 2009, 01:33 AM
yeah,get rid of it,now.Everything Expires :D Just get a new one :)

kyle95
July 1st, 2009, 03:43 AM
everything has an expire date. just get a new one

Antares
July 1st, 2009, 04:09 AM
Ick. I am sure that deodorant doesn't have an "expiration date" but it being three years old.
You want to throw that out.
The fact that there is bacteria and other stuff that could have grown on it. Espeically since its been in an enclosed space for the longest.

And I am not sure what kind of stick or brand you have but it could be all crusty and such.

Just have her buy you a knew one. She should be really cool about it