PDA

View Full Version : Yup I'm pretty sure!

OnlyByTheNight.
April 24th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Hey! Well Im pretty sure that I have bipolar I.
I have ALOT of mood swings and they occur in quite a short period of time, in one day for example I could go from being depressed to hyper and back again and when you go straight from one to another I always feel very tired and even more depressed then I was to start with!
It drives my friends up the wall when I get so hyper as I usually end up chasing them around the yard or jumping up and down and I talk really fast and nobody can understand me (including me myself!)
Alot of the people in my class call me a major freak when I get like this but I really cant help it!

Is there anything I can do to make the hypomania and depression more moderate, because it really gets me down and I nearly always end up cutting when I get really depressed or upset!
Thanks! :D

Jonathan M.
April 24th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Wow!....u cut yourself?I just put with it.It bothers my friends somtimes just be like the class clown to sorta cover it up.(my mom doesn't believe in children taking drugs)sooo i just really put up with it

ive never ever ever cut myself

Mzor203
April 24th, 2009, 03:50 PM
This post is going to be nowhere near as full of information as I would like it to be, but I have a few things to throw out there.

Once upon a time, I went through a phase where I was convinced I had bipolar disorder. I always had a good deal of mood swings, I had some of the symptoms, etc. It turned out to be something as simple as sleep. And that was cured quickly.

I'm not saying you don't have it. I'm not an expert in that field, but from personal experience, I can tell you that if you're feeling depressed, you need to get help, especially if you sometimes remain depressed for longer periods of time.

Have you told your parents? Because if not, that would be the first step. There really is nothing you can do to lessen it without first getting parental assistance and then consulting a professional about it.

The other thing: By NO MEANS ignore this. Ignoring depression is the worst thing you could do in this situation, as that simply allows it to manifest itself more deeply in your mind. It'll only grow and worsen over time, mostly, so you don't want to fool around and take chances.

I wrote something on getting help a little while ago (I know, I know, I'm refering you to a thread I made. Not being vain... honest!) on getting help with depression, and it works just as well, here, I belive, so if you need any help getting help (if that makes sense):

Clicky (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39704)

Kaleidoscope Eyes
April 24th, 2009, 05:49 PM
Please, do not try to diagnose yourself. Only a psychiatrist or a psychologist can really make that distinction.

The only real treatment for bipolar disorder is to work with a psychiatrist and/or a therapist to control your moods and learn what you can do to keep yourself feeling good. This often involves a blend of medication and cognitive/behavioral therapy to teach you how to manage your stress and reduce the things in your life which may contribute to triggering your symptoms.

If you feel like you have depression, you should seek some help for that regardless of if you are bipolar or not. Tell your parents, and see your general physician. They can possibly recommend a therapist to see, or give you a call later with some possible options (if they can't think of someone off of the top of their head). Believe it or not, your GP can actually be a help with depression as well, although not all of them will prescribe anything for it or diagnose it. Some feel that is better left to someone who actually specializes in that field.

thedudeman
July 11th, 2009, 11:13 PM
do you smoke weed? for some people this can cause marijuana bipolarness, which is like mood swings, i get em but there not so bad as yours, and i smoked weed all day everyday and then went cold turkey
try and find an art form to express your feelings and confusion in, im a rapper, it always helps me battle my anxietys and stresses

Beautiful Obsession
July 29th, 2009, 03:50 PM
you need to go and see your doctor or gp, and you need to see if you have it babee, it sounds like you might have it, but Bipolar is something that often gets mistaken for things as simple as needing a good night sleep.. if you do have it, theres not a cure for it, but there is medication which will help you. i dont mean this in a horrible way, but its no good just sitting on your computer / laptop saying you think you might have it, because we cant do anything about that, you need to get checked out.. then we can help:) good luck babee x