PDA

View Full Version : what do i have??

MattiaFrasca
April 22nd, 2009, 08:49 PM
my mind is really crazy, and i have no idea whats going on. i'm 16 years old, and go to a high school. so the problem is that i literaly have spontanious temporary amnesia. it lasts for like three seconds then it all comes back to me. i'm just like where am i?? then i'm like oh yeah! and i'm incredibly forgetful. it's not that i'm dumb, i'm really good in school! i'm even in Honors math! i just have no idea. help pleazz??

INFERNO
April 29th, 2009, 01:30 AM
Have you used any illegal drugs, alcohol or overdosed on medications? Are you currently on medications? Have you had any physical brain injury, even something as simple as a concussion or a large bash to the head even if you didn't go unconscious?

I can think of a few possible disorders, however, each sound unlikely. My recommendation is to see a doctor and get some brain imaging scans (probably an EEG, MRI/PET or if you're lucky, fMRI).

Other than this sudden amnesia, can you describe yourself, your functioning by yourself and with others, etc...?

PrincessSarey
April 29th, 2009, 05:25 PM
ADHD is not just being forgetful. It's a wide range of symptoms.

Go see a doctor about this.

MattiaFrasca
May 3rd, 2009, 07:34 AM
hmm youre probably right. well i'm just a normal guy though. i might of exagerated though. i don't really have legit amnesia but i'm just like where am i?? i definatly can have ADD because i can't focus on anything and i can't finish a huge project after i started one.

PrincessSarey
May 3rd, 2009, 09:45 AM
That could be a number of disorders, though. Not just ADHD. You'll need to get it checked out with a professional.