PDA

View Full Version : Is this unhealthy?

knowledge bank ^-^
April 13th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Well this is kinda embarrasing (go me, i can spell it. i think) but me and my girlfriend of 6 months have a weird thing going on. Like when we're making out or anything lik that we like bite each other, not too hard, but not soft either, on each others necks, shoulders and arms. I love it, ad she enjoys it too, but is it wrong? could it lead to bad things? :what:

Ladysman
April 13th, 2009, 09:17 PM
No ur just playin every1 does it

Sapphire
April 13th, 2009, 09:19 PM
No, of course there's nothing wrong with it.

knowledge bank ^-^
April 13th, 2009, 09:21 PM
I don't think its just playing though, cos she puts real aggression into it soemtimes, she even drew blood once, and I just loved it even more

zackF.
April 13th, 2009, 09:30 PM
haha I don't think its a problem at all, one time I hooked up with this girl and she was a biter, a got a big ass hickey which was sort of lame but it was all in good fun, I had a little scar on my wrist from where she bit me one time, I just enjoyed it and bit back, I don't know to many girls that are like that though, but it's cool

Sapphire
April 13th, 2009, 09:31 PM
When you say you don't think it is "just playing", what makes you think that?

Different people enjoy different things and to varying degrees. There is nothing wrong about the fact that you both enjoy it like this when you are getting friendly. Loads of people have fun biting each other. Some like it softer and others like it harder. There is nothing wrong with any of it.

I know people who like to routinely draw blood when biting their loved one. Bear in mind that doing it to that extreme is potentially dangerous healthwise.

knowledge bank ^-^
April 13th, 2009, 09:34 PM
You make a valid point. It seems more, violent and dangerous tahn playing, but as long as we both get a kick from it, i guess ur right ^-^ Some people think its odd that blood turns me on, but ive never been judged like that on VT so screw the haters :P

IAMWILL
April 13th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Yes so true so true. No one should ever be judged on VT. As long a youre not hurting each other, it's all okay. Personal preference matters in relationship, so if you two like it, it only makes it better :) just be careful, and have fun!

knowledge bank ^-^
April 13th, 2009, 09:48 PM
With her, its always fun XD wish me luck guys, thursday = attempting to make out on a rollercoaster. :eek:

Sapphire
April 13th, 2009, 09:52 PM
wish me luck guys, thursday = attempting to make out on a rollercoaster. :eek:
I will only wish you luck if you are being ambitious and not going on a tame little thing!!

Lol. Just joking.

Good Luck :clover:

knowledge bank ^-^
April 13th, 2009, 09:55 PM
thorpe park ---- stealth ---- kissing on the way down ---- and on colossus :D ambitious enough? although if she bites me then, Ill probably lose a finger because of all teh shaking on teh ride:rolleyes:

IAMSAM
April 13th, 2009, 10:04 PM
This came up once before, and I have the same reaction to it now: Yeah, what 2 consenting people do is their own business, but there's a diff btw'n nibbling and downright biting, when you actually draw blood. And then enjoy it.

Typically, when people are romantic, they don't hurt eachother, 'Blood' and 'Love' and 'Enjoyment' aren't things that are used in the same sentence. If she's doing this, and you're turned on by it, you both might do well to ask yourselves (and eachother) what exactly it is about blood and the pain that's associated with it that turns you on. It's not the romance, afterall.

People do all kinds of things to eachother in consenting relationships, but the real issue is if it's a sound thing to do in the first place. Just because you and she agree to this and are Ok with it doesn't mean it's necessarily the best thing to continue. Typically, when things are done not so much to gratify or plaese the other person emotionally or physically, but meet some underlying need that comes from another place other than the relationship you have with eachother, it's time to reevaluate it.

knowledge bank ^-^
April 13th, 2009, 10:11 PM
I love her. I want to spend the rest of my life with her :wub: maybe its not so good an idea... but something that feels so good cant be that bad, can it? :confused: I think blood and love can work together. Romance, love and intimacy are all things that bring us close, and what could get you closer to someone else than sharing the stuff that runs through you with them. and its not really about blood, that was only once or twice, although it is prety hard biting

Sapphire
April 13th, 2009, 10:14 PM
This came up once before, and I have the same reaction to it now: Yeah, what 2 consenting people do is their own business, but there's a diff btw'n nibbling and downright biting, when you actually draw blood. And then enjoy it.

Typically, when people are romantic, they don't hurt eachother, 'Blood' and 'Love' and 'Enjoyment' aren't things that are used in the same sentence. If she's doing this, and you're turned on by it, you both might do well to ask yourselves (and eachother) what exactly it is about blood and the pain that's associated with it that turns you on. It's not the romance, afterall.

People do all kinds of things to eachother in consenting relationships, but the real issue is if it's a sound thing to do in the first place. Just because you and she agree to this and are Ok with it doesn't mean it's necessarily the best thing to continue. Typically, when things are done not so much to gratify or plaese the other person emotionally or physically, but meet some underlying need that comes from another place other than the relationship you have with eachother, it's time to reevaluate it.
Ok, I respect your opinion but you are talking as if there is only way that sexuality should be enjoyed. This is not necessarily true and there isn't a pathological/unhealthy root to every behaviour that deviates from what you (and many others) consider "normal", "healthy" and/or "the way it should be done".

Biting is, in the grand scheme of things, pretty tame when compared to some of the things people enjoy. As long as those involved are careful and it is done in a loving and consensual situation, there is nothing wrong.

knowledge bank ^-^
April 13th, 2009, 10:16 PM
I dont think its normal. But i think its somehow better :yes: more exciting, enticing w/e

devilsheep
April 13th, 2009, 10:20 PM
Your girlfriends a vampire dude!!!! RUNNNNN

but nah, thast normal. whatever floats your boat

knowledge bank ^-^
April 13th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Your girlfriends a vampire dude!!!! RUNNNNN

but nah, thast normal. whatever floats your boat

Actually she does like to think of herself as a vampire... heh im cool with it.

And my boat is floated by marshmallow grease pirates:yeah:

IAMSAM
April 13th, 2009, 10:28 PM
I love her. I want to spend the rest of my life with her :wub: maybe its not so good an idea... but something that feels so good cant be that bad, can it? :confused: I think blood and love can work together. Romance, love and intimacy are all things that bring us close, and what could get you closer to someone else than sharing the stuff that runs through you with them. and its not really about blood, that was only once or twice, although it is prety hard biting

I think it's about your frame of reference. For *some* blood and pain are well within 'normal', hence their willingness to accept (or enjoy) it. Your questioning this would suggest otherwise. That's whay I think it might be a good idea for the 2 of you to discuss what it is about this (specifically, the blood) that is arousing for you. Typically, 'Blood' and 'Love' aren't used in the same sentence, and typically it's not arousing. So, I question where it comes from and what it means for you. Maybe by discussing that part of it, and becoming aware of it you'd at least be aware of what it is in your pasts that find what's typically an unconventional act (drawing blood) so gratifying. This would give you the option to deal with it in different ways.

knowledge bank ^-^
April 13th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Personally i think it brings us closer together, but i guess ill have to talk to her. if only to make sure we arent making a mistake. im pretty certain we'r not though. And true blood and love arent typically seen together, but out in the real world, talking about things like that are kinda taboo, wouldnt you say?