PDA

View Full Version : Seriously.....

mabrown797
April 13th, 2009, 03:40 AM
Schizophrenia is not an easy diagnosis to come by. it took me losing touch with reality completely, being commited to a psyche ward twice, attempting suicide with 5 bottles of different pills and cutting halfway through both wrists and seeing a psyciatrist for 3 months while trying pill after pill, most of them unaffective till I find one that actually works, which is hard because the pills take about a month to fully kick in, before getting officially diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia.

otherwise, anyone could walk into a doctors office and claim they heard voices, and cheat the system into giving them free pills (like seroquil which one could make a lot of money with) not to mention using the lable to collect disability from the state and never have to work again. No matter how much you research schizophrenia, you will never get the whole story of what it really is because then anyone could lie and claim they have it.

Ive never heard voices in my life. Some schizos do, But alot dont. Theres so much more to it, So please, please, dont try to diagnose yourself. PLEASE BE SMART AND SEE A DOCTOR BEFORE IT GETS WORSE, WHICH IT WILL. IT CAN SEEM LIKE SOME INTERESTING EXPERIENCE, THAT SOME MIGHT ACTUALLY WISH THEY HAD IT.

And for those of you who really think you might be schizophrenic, PLEASE, GET TO A DOCTOR AS SOON AS POSSIBLE because if its just starting to surface, sooner or later you will have what is called a "psychotic breakdown" which is the most HORRIFYING experience you could ever imagine. Lets put it this way... In a psychotic breakdown, you lose complete touch with reality and cannot function in everyday life. Also, YOU LOSE COMPLETE CONTROL OF YOUR OWN MIND. To others, you might appear to be absolutely fine. but inside your mind, You will find your self in a HUGE LABIRYNTH FILLED WITH EVERYTHING YOUVE EVER HAD A NIGHTMARE ABOUT . you will think you died and went to hell. all of your own deepest, darkest fears will come true inside of your head, like a nightmare you cant wake up from no matter how hard you try. ever see the cell? you can be a perfectly good person, but inside your head, which will seem like complete reality, you will be the man getting his intestines ripped out of him. AND UNLIKE JENN LOPEZ YOU CAN NOT GET OUT noone you know will understand the hell you are stuck in because to them you look absolutely fine. and its not just mentally that you will suffer. physically, that chemical that makes you feel fear, and anxiety, imagine it being multiplied by a hundred and not being able to make it go away. It literally hurts! yes, thats right, PHYSICAL PAIN LIKE FIRE BREATHING DOWN YOUR SPINE. Then, afterwords, once the pills start kicking in, which like I said takes about a month, you and your brain will have been so physically and psycologically traumatized, you will feel as if you no longer even have a brain. alot like post traumatic stress disorder. It will take months and months to ever get back to the person you were before.

So please, if any of you are experiencing any voices, hallucinations, obsessions, or if you feel displacement, or like you dont have the ability to ever be happy because you are filled with so much anxiety, or if you have panic attacts, SEE A DOCTOR ASAP and leave nothing out, so you can get treated before it comes out completely.

and PS. If your still at the point where you think it is a gift (like I used to before it happened to me) just think about this: in another shizo forum, their was a lady that had a psychotic breakdown, and killed her 2 year old son in the bathtub, because "God" told her she needed to wash the demon out of him.

anthonyjr2
April 14th, 2009, 09:13 PM
so this thread is just for info then?

chucknorrisrules
April 17th, 2009, 02:23 PM
I think this is just info, and includes lots of information.

Maybe it deserves a sticky?

Or the exact opposite, a lock.

Or both? XD

Zephyr
April 22nd, 2009, 02:58 PM
While I'm not diagnosed Schizophrenia,
I'm diagnosed Bipolar and I've hallucinated in the past,
And rarely anymore now.

What is it with religious hallucinations?

My grandma is Schizophrenic and when my dad was like, 5, she locked him and my aunt Cindy out of the house because 'God' told her to clean the evil spirits in the house.

When I was 14, I went apeshit out in my mum's garage and was throwing things and hitting things with a hammer because I was seeing 'Jesus' and he was threatening me.

Anyway.

Very nice post hun, really.
It's always nice to have others share their experiences,
It helps to hear about what others go through so that we know that we arn't alone = ]

INFERNO
April 22nd, 2009, 11:05 PM
What is it with religious hallucinations?

They can occur as a result of brain damage or some pathology mainly to the temporal lobes of the brain. With schizophrenia, I'd assume it'd be more with paranoid, possibly undifferentiated and unsure about catatonic types.

Thank you for this thread though, very insightful.

kangaskan240
April 25th, 2009, 10:06 PM
you just scared the living shit out of me. good thing i'm not schizo....

PrincessSarey
April 26th, 2009, 03:23 PM
That's extremely insensitive ^^

Good post, it may help others.

INFERNO
May 2nd, 2009, 02:44 AM
you just scared the living shit out of me. good thing i'm not schizo....

Thank you for the insensitive, judgmental and rather stereotypical remark. Much appreciated.