PDA

View Full Version : It just hit me, that I'll probably be single for a VERY long time

Triceratops
March 24th, 2009, 01:45 PM
...but I'm perfectly okay with that.

Okay, I just need somewhere to rant, I'm sorry if this all sounds like a jumbled up mess, but it's hard to explain myself. Reply to this if you want.

I see so many girls desperate for a boyfriend, and I've never seen the big deal about it. Well I've never had loads of boys after me anyway, I know why because I come across as a weirdo who rarely speaks (I am very quiet around people I don't know or rarely talk to) and I'm not a whore.

It's not as if I actually HAVE much of a choice with all the boys in my area, loads of them are incredibly shallow and only go chasing after the "good looking" ones and if someone is a little bit less than extremely gorgeous then they're not interested. And the boys who aren't like that go for the incredibly smart ones and which I have NO CHANCE because my intelligence level is average and I'm ditzy as hell :P Again, I'm okay with that as none of them would ever understand or cope with me. I have never come across anyone who has the same interests as me, decent style, uniqueness or anything like that.

I'm afraid of commitment too, I don't know why. The thought of being attached to someone who you have a SERIOUS relationship with just makes me feel awkward. I can't explain it.
Whenever a friend points out "Oh that guy is cute." I agree with them but when they suggest we go talk to him or something like that I always exclude myself out of that. I have a horrible fear of strangers!

Besides, I've never worried about boys. I've always had my own problems to think about, nevermind worrying about them. I have too much to deal with rather than spend my time in a relationship which you must pay alot of attention to, it's just not for me right now. I'm always curious to see if that'll ever change anytime soon though.

jack straw
March 24th, 2009, 03:43 PM
...but I'm perfectly okay with that.

Okay, I just need somewhere to rant, I'm sorry if this all sounds like a jumbled up mess, but it's hard to explain myself. Reply to this if you want.

I see so many girls desperate for a boyfriend, and I've never seen the big deal about it. Well I've never had loads of boys after me anyway, I know why because I come across as a weirdo who rarely speaks (I am very quiet around people I don't know or rarely talk to) and I'm not a whore.

It's not as if I actually HAVE much of a choice with all the boys in my area, loads of them are incredibly shallow and only go chasing after the "good looking" ones and if someone is a little bit less than extremely gorgeous then they're not interested. And the boys who aren't like that go for the incredibly smart ones and which I have NO CHANCE because my intelligence level is average and I'm ditzy as hell :P Again, I'm okay with that as none of them would ever understand or cope with me. I have never come across anyone who has the same interests as me, decent style, uniqueness or anything like that.

I'm afraid of commitment too, I don't know why. The thought of being attached to someone who you have a SERIOUS relationship with just makes me feel awkward. I can't explain it.
Whenever a friend points out "Oh that guy is cute." I agree with them but when they suggest we go talk to him or something like that I always exclude myself out of that. I have a horrible fear of strangers!

Besides, I've never worried about boys. I've always had my own problems to think about, nevermind worrying about them. I have too much to deal with rather than spend my time in a relationship which you must pay alot of attention to, it's just not for me right now. I'm always curious to see if that'll ever change anytime soon though.

I see the same stuff hapening near me. All the Guys go for the hottest girls, and all the girls go for the hottest guys...
I've been single for over a year, and It's probably gonna stay like that for a long time. I really dont care about looks, more about what's on the inside. I look at the person and ask myself , Do they drink, smoke or do drugs? Are they nice, funny and smart? ......... I judge a person based on what he/she does, how she acts and other qualities.
I dont fit the normal defination of "cool" or whatever, and I look for people who dont change themselves for society, and those that don't feel the need to be like everybody else.

Underground_Network
March 24th, 2009, 03:51 PM
I'm kind of like you too Marcie...

My problem is, though I fear commitment and I tell myself to stay away from most girls I like for fear of "hurting them" [emotionally], I really want a girlfriend... And I'm also like you in that I don't approach people of the opposite sex that I find "cute" or "attractive," and, though I don't know if you're like this, when they approach me I usually fuck up. A lot of EXTREMELY attractive girls have shown interest me, even those who have really great personalities to go along with their looks, and I just always fuck up around them. As of right now I'm a completely changed person, I'm a lot more social/sociable than I used to be, but still, I don't see myself having a girlfriend anytime in the near future, so know that you're not alone Marcie.

That and there are A LOT of guys in this world, and I'm sure there's someone out there that's perfect for you. You're an awesome girl, I'm sure a lot of guys would be interested in you if they got to know you.

Sage
March 24th, 2009, 06:52 PM
If it makes you feel better, guys are horrid anyway. : )

wolffang688
March 26th, 2009, 05:47 PM
it's not always bad to be weird, the only people i ever like are weird

AllThatIsLeft
March 26th, 2009, 06:51 PM
I as well see myself being single for a very long time.
I've already been for over a year. Though i've had a lot of boy trouble within the last 10 months, i'm still alone, and i was never truly "with" anyone.
I'm not the kind of girl boys go for, i'm not the outgoing girl that just wins everybody's heart.
i'm the kind of girl, guys look at once and turn to the next girl. I'm the kind of girl guys glare at because i don't follow the norm. i'm strange and totally out of it. My looks, though average compared to girls here, dont get me anywhere. and i am glad that i am still single in that point of view. i dont want to have superficial relationships.
I'm the quiet girl that prefers to stay quiet. I am not shy, and i am confident, but i don't see much worthness in myself. if that makes anysense.

So though, maybe perhaps not for the same reasons Marci. still the same result.