PDA

View Full Version : i have ADHD

griffince
March 6th, 2009, 09:52 PM
ive had it all my life and i get teased when i have to my med. it gets me you anger what should i do
griffince ^_^

IAMSAM
March 6th, 2009, 10:05 PM
I think you should just ignore them.

Taking a med that helps you feel and act better isn't such a big deal, they're picking on you b/c they just don't understand and aren't very nice. Don't give them the twisted satisfaction by reacting to them.

It might also be a good idea to work out a way so you can take your meds more privately, so it's not so obvious to them.

griffince
March 6th, 2009, 10:07 PM
thanx for advice i will start to do dat ty

Atonement
March 7th, 2009, 12:44 AM
I have a friend that makes fun of himself. Like, don't take it so harshly. Learn to laugh at ourself. Yes, its not cool to tease, but teasing and bullying are different, and if you can learn to laugh at yourself, its okay.

Either they need to learn why, like Sam said, or you need to change your reaction to them.

Θάνατος
March 7th, 2009, 02:18 AM
Don't worry about what others think about you when you have to take meds. The important thing here to do is if they help you then keep taking them.

I never told any of my friends that I was taking meds when I was misdiagnosed with ADD. I have been off meds for 18 moths now and i just learned to deal with my problem and not over react.

Oblivion
March 7th, 2009, 02:21 AM
Learn to laugh at yourself, like Addi said.
It's not a huge deal, and most kids wouldn't intentionally make you feel bad for taking meds- they probably think they are doing it to be funny, as a friend. If you do mind, just ignore them. They are looking for a reaction if they are full fledged teasing you- getting angry makes them happy.

Other than that... Don't talk about it, and don't tell people. You don't have to tell everyone you take medicine- actually it's a pretty private matter. Take it whenever you're supposed to, and don't make a big deal out of it.

griffince
March 7th, 2009, 05:45 AM
ty 4 ur advice i will take it all in and do wat u said