PDA

View Full Version : all take and no give

Gumleaf
February 23rd, 2009, 02:51 AM
this is just a bit of a vent, no question really. i'm just getting so annoyed and frustrated with myself. for the last 6 months i have been taking taking and taking from my girlfriend, and have given nothing back to her. she has been with me while i've been down and depressed without a second thought of worrying about herself, she has been there while i've been dealing with my mum's ongoing health issues, and nows shes there for me while i now have glandular fever and even worse still, there is the chance i have given her glandular fever too without knowing it. so after all this support and love she shows me, i give her nothing in return apart from possibly glandular fever and a lot of complaining. i'm hardly worthy of having such a great girl. i feel so bad for not being able to do things for her like she does for me. i feel like the worst boyfriend ever. i try to do little things sometimes to show her how much i appreciate her and stuff, like giving her flowers and writing things to her, but still. it just feels like i so take advantage of her. oh wells. i guess i just need to think of some ways to be a better boyfriend i guess. anyways, vent over. sorry if you made it through all that rubbish.

MysticalBurrito
February 23rd, 2009, 05:51 AM
Why dont you get her flowers or something like a teddy bear to just to show
"im thinking about you and i love you too"

but love doesnt come from flowers and teddy bears so why dont you just say it to her or which ever sounds better

BlackenedSilver
February 23rd, 2009, 10:37 AM
I agree!
Maybe you could also just spend a couple of hours just sat together, not worrying about anything, Watch a movie or something.
It will show her that you love to just be near her.
:wub:

Gumleaf
February 23rd, 2009, 04:39 PM
i do these sort of little things for her often. i tell her i love her all the time, i get her little things and we do things together at home and stuff. but its just like i feel that i'm probably get much more out of the relationship then she is. i don't know. maybe its my warped head?

Maverick
February 23rd, 2009, 08:18 PM
It might be a good idea to talk to her about it and tell her how you're feeling. She may be able to remind you some of the things you've done for her or tell you some things you do for her that you may not realize you do. You don't seem like a selfish person. I think if Jo needed you, you would help her in a heartbeat. I'm sure there will come a time when the roles will switch and she'll be in the receiving end.

As long as you show appreciation and do what you can for her, that's all any decent person can ask for, especially someone you love who do things just because, not for something in return.

MarineCorps
February 24th, 2009, 12:57 AM
I like to give flowers, you can usually get a dozen roses or so for like 20 dollars, or cheaper if you do it after V-day and they still have their sales.
You could leave two in every period she has if she goes to school with a note on each?

weebananas
February 25th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Why don't you tell HER that? "I feel like I haven't been caring for you enough, etc etc"

Tell her you're gonna try harder, I love you, blah

jaz08
February 25th, 2009, 09:55 PM
I think that love should not be measured whether you are giving more or taking more. But if you feel convicted over something then open this up to her. Try to exert more effort then but just don't over do it. What is more important is you understand each other.