PDA

View Full Version : Help. :[

weebananas
February 20th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Well, there's this girl I really like. We're in the 8th grade, just to give you an age estimate. Well, the other day, we were on the bus, and we were both really tired. It's about a 30 minute bus drive. Well, we both decided to go to sleep. I was by the window, and she was next to me. She always makes me sit on the inside next to her. Well, about ten minutes of the bus ride was left. She [I think...] was asleep, and I was just laying there. She then started to slowly slide towards me and she was sleeping on my arm. I'm not sure if this is because she likes me or not. I'm scared to ask her out. [she's the most popular girl in the chool, I'm not even close.] We go way back, and we were best friends since third grade. I want to a different middle school, and finally saw her again after 2 years. She was surprised to see me, but only really talked to me when I was alone. Earlier in the day, she also grabbed my ass lol. Thing is, I'm not sure if she's just joking with the way she acts.

Also, I have a problme with getting... Intimate, I guess you could say. I mean like, when someone tries to hug me, I'm kind of reluctant to completely hug them... I just hug them and don't really HUG them. I guess I'm just scared to do something without them liking it. I just hope I don't end up so much like that so that I nevewr get a girlfreind/keep one.

Mzor203
February 20th, 2009, 08:47 PM
First of all, to me, this sounds like he does like you. I don't know her, and I guess I'm not an expert at girls (faaaaaaaaar from it), but usually her getting close to you, touching you, wanting you to sit next to her, etc., is a good sign. So, you should just go for it if you really do like her.

Some girls will definitly think that not being really physical at first is a good thing. It gives you both longer to get used to things, and if you start off slow,it'll become easier and easier for you.

Good luck with this. :)

Sage
February 20th, 2009, 09:13 PM
First, I have to say OH MY GOD THAT'S SO FUCKING ADORABLE. <3

...Okay, done. Yes, I'm quite sure it'd be because she likes you. In a relationship, the only people that matter are the two involved- So you really shouldn't give a fuck how popular she is. Second, go home and hug a pillow or something. I do it all the time because I get lonely easily and you'll feel better about hugging actual people.

IAMSAM
February 20th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Wise man once said: If someone grabs your ass they like you. Period.

She's very comfortable with you, these gestures indicate a comfort with you and your presence that is usually associated with 'liking'. There's something veeery personal about grabbing someone's tush, of falling asleep on their arm, and of having you sit on the inside (it's protective and possessive).

So, the real issue is your own discomfort with acknowledging all this and perhaps moving things forward. Allowing someone to cuddle up with you and be personal without speaking of the underlying feelings often seems safer than acknowldging it, b/c with acknowledgement comes vulnerability.

What you might do is just acknowledge this to yourself and continue to enjoy all of it, and slowly get comfortable experiencing her (and the relationship) differently. Asking someone 'out' is just a formality, it doesnlt really change much, and if it's uncomfortable for you, there's no need to do that just yet. Just allow yourself to experience her from that new, diff perspective, and with time, it will all feel more natural and less intimidating, regardless what you call it.

weebananas
February 20th, 2009, 11:34 PM
Thing is, she's ONLY comfortable around me when we're alone. She doesn't talk to me or anything when we're in the halls, at lunch, etc. I'm thinking she might be embarrased about being with me or something. :(

IAMSAM
February 20th, 2009, 11:40 PM
Wise man once said: If someone grabs your ass they like you. Period.

She's very comfortable with you, these gestures indicate a comfort with you and your presence that is usually associated with 'liking'. There's something veeery personal about grabbing someone's tush, of falling asleep on their arm, and of having you sit on the inside (it's protective and possessive).

So, the real issue is your own discomfort with acknowledging all this and perhaps moving things forward. Allowing someone to cuddle up with you and be personal without speaking of the underlying feelings often seems safer than acknowldging it, b/c with acknowledgement comes vulnerability.

What you might do is just acknowledge this to yourself and continue to enjoy all of it, and slowly get comfortable experiencing her (and the relationship) differently. Asking someone 'out' is just a formality, it doesnlt really change much, and if it's uncomfortable for you, there's no need to do that just yet. Just allow yourself to experience her from that new, diff perspective, and with time, it will all feel more natural and less intimidating, regardless what you call it.

I love quoting myself, esp. when I really like what I've said and feel reeeeealy confident about it!

Forget how she's like in school, that's an unnatural, weird place anyway. She likes you. Proceed as above!

weebananas
February 20th, 2009, 11:44 PM
*sigh* Sometimes I wish I could just try somethng and go back in time if it doesn't work out. Wouldn't that be awesome?