PDA

View Full Version : This ain't you're regular noob.

Lord GaGa
February 19th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Hello. I'm Lord GaGa, and I live on the moon. Amazingly, we do get grammar and spelling lessons here, and I am at the top of the class when it comes to that. And I want to share my knowledge. So, say hello to your new Grammar Nazi!

I also am a big fan of Lady GaGa (duh) and I like blogging. So drop by my blog any time you like.

Now, I'm not new to forums, so I know the basic stuff here. Overall, I think I'll have a great time here.

Hyper
February 19th, 2009, 03:18 PM
I assure you.. There are far greate Grammar Nazis on this site.

Anyway welcome to VT

Techno Monster
February 19th, 2009, 03:22 PM
I LOVE lady gaga!!
Welcome to VT.

TigerLily
February 19th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Hi,
Welcome to VT! I hope you enjoy it here (I'm new too).
Feel free to PM me anytime.
Rachel

PS Got a confession - I still can't use a semi-colon properly. Not exactly meeting Grammar Nazi standards, I know :)

AllThatIsLeft
February 19th, 2009, 03:30 PM
grrr. don't correct ME okay? :D

welcome.

The name is Paula :)

Sage
February 19th, 2009, 06:06 PM
So, say hello to your new Grammar Nazi!

Welcome, comrade!

AutumnDae
February 19th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Hey there, I'm Autumn. I know I don't have perfect grammar, but it isn't horrible either. Enjoy your stay here. :)

Mzor203
February 19th, 2009, 06:11 PM
This ain't you're regular noob.

*Your

:D

Welcome. Good to see more grammar Nazis. :P

AllThatIsLeft
February 19th, 2009, 06:13 PM
*Your

Rex! don't embarrass the new comer :P

ShatteredWings
February 19th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Hello boy

Nice to see a newbie who desn't tlk in txt 247 & no reed rglar eglish [wow.. that was painful to type]

DarkWingedAngel
February 19th, 2009, 08:50 PM
^^ haha Gwyn

anyhow
Welcome to VT.
I'm also a fellow Lady GaGa fan.
I may not be good at grammar but I still try.(I'm a lot better than when i first started on VT though)
Anyways
Welcome and have fun.

Tiberius
February 19th, 2009, 10:53 PM
Trust me, there are many grammar Nazis on here who are far more terrifying(I am one of them). Any ways...enjoy your stay here :D

pokerface
February 19th, 2009, 11:17 PM
Hello. I'm Lord GaGa, and I live on the moon. Amazingly, we do get grammar and spelling lessons here, and I am at the top of the class when it comes to that. And I want to share my knowledge. So, say hello to your new Grammar Nazi!

I also am a big fan of Lady GaGa (duh) and I like blogging. So drop by my blog any time you like.

Now, I'm not new to forums, so I know the basic stuff here. Overall, I think I'll have a great time here.

Ha. I think that we're gonna get along great :P.

Lord GaGa
February 20th, 2009, 06:00 AM
*Your

Oh, dear...
Meh, I'm human, so what can I say?
(Yes, humans live on the moon.)

Trust me, there are many grammar Nazis on here who are far more terrifying(I am one of them). Any ways...enjoy your stay here :D

Wow, so there are grammar Nazis on every forum, then? We should make a group!

Anyway, thanks for being so welcoming guys.

nick
February 20th, 2009, 05:44 PM
High, Lord Gaga,

welcum too the sight. hope you enjoy you're time on the forum. Their aint nothing no better than this!

Lord GaGa
February 21st, 2009, 02:55 AM
High, Lord Gaga,

welcum too the sight. hope you enjoy you're time on the forum. Their aint nothing no better than this!

Please, stop. I'm going to burn my retina because of your bad grammar + spelling. Don't make me throw infinite amounts of cheese at you! This moon cheese is hard as rock!
Hello boy

Nice to see a newbie who desn't tlk in txt 247 & no reed rglar eglish [wow.. that was painful to type]
That was painful to read, too.

Anyway, bring on the friend requests! I love friends whom I can't be embarrassed in front of!

Oblivion
February 21st, 2009, 02:59 AM
There is a group for Grammar Nazis (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/group.php?groupid=25) (which I am proudly a part of :P)
However my grammar and spelling would be extremely worse if Firefox didn't have a spell checker :P

Anyways, welcome! :D
I'm Nick.

Lord GaGa
February 21st, 2009, 03:01 AM
There is a group for Grammar Nazis (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/group.php?groupid=25) (which I am proudly a part of :P)
However my grammar and spelling would be extremely worse if Firefox didn't have a spell checker :P

Anyways, welcome! :D
I'm Nick.

My spelling isn't that bad to be always checked by Firefox, but it does come in handy when I make the extremely rare mistake.

Oblivion
February 21st, 2009, 03:14 AM
My spelling isn't that bad to be always checked by Firefox, but it does come in handy when I make the extremely rare mistake.

I type to fast. I misplace spaces, and often hit the wrong key when trying to capitalize :P

Mzor203
February 21st, 2009, 04:03 AM
I type to fast. I misplace spaces, and often hit the wrong key when trying to capitalize :P

*too

Jokes, jokes. :D

Lord GaGa
February 21st, 2009, 06:06 AM
*too

Jokes, jokes. :D

There are no jokes when it comes to spelling and grammar. It's a pain in the ass when I see people writing lines of incomprehensible chat language. I also hate words that have no sense to be changed. Like 'teh' instead of 'the'. They are exactly the same length! And 'yooh' instead of 'you'. Stupid people.

ShatteredWings
February 21st, 2009, 08:59 AM
I admit to 'teh'.. it's not intentional, I just don't feel like fixing it.

My writing is usually reasonable, unless you caught me in a really bad mood / really upset, then it goes to hell :P

Requin
February 21st, 2009, 09:10 AM
A bit late this..but anywho..

Welcome Lord. And there are many more grammar nutters on here, so you'll fit right in!!

I'm Joe btw.

Jean Poutine
February 21st, 2009, 10:54 PM
Hello Grammar Nazi.

I haven't read the thread at all so I assume it's been said, but it's "your".

Also, it's "to make sense", not "to have sense". "I hate words that make no sense to be changed", or better yet "I hate words that are changed uselessly". "to have sense" works in French, though ("avoir du sens"). Are you French?

I'm majoring in Linguistics so not only am I a grammar nazi, but I even study to become a professional grammar nazi.

Anyway, hi. The previous sentence has no verb and I don't care.

ShatteredWings
February 22nd, 2009, 12:09 PM
he's from the moon, or so he claims :P

That annoying this-grammar-works-in-one-language-but-not-another thing...

Does avoir work because it's past-tense?

Sugaree
February 22nd, 2009, 01:43 PM
Welcome fellow Grammar Nazi!

Jean Poutine
February 22nd, 2009, 04:41 PM
girl;452439']he's from the moon, or so he claims :P

That annoying this-grammar-works-in-one-language-but-not-another thing...

Does avoir work because it's past-tense?

No, "avoir" works simply because the idiom is formed like so in French.

Idioms are generally inflexible and there's not much reason as to why they are so. In English I'm making sense, but en français j'ai du sens. That's all.

Tell a French person that Luther King kicked the bucket (Luther King a donné un coup de pied à la chaudière), and they won't understand you at all. Same thing if I told you Luther King got himself down (Luther King s'est fait descendre). An English person likely wouldn't understand what the heck I'm saying.

Idioms are fun, languages are fun. Alles Bananen!

ShatteredWings
February 22nd, 2009, 05:05 PM
Ah, you're confusing me.

Jean Poutine
February 22nd, 2009, 11:06 PM
Did I ever manage to NOT confuse anyone?

[[chickaroo92]]
February 23rd, 2009, 10:53 AM
Hey there, and welcome to the greatest forum known to mankind :]
Anyway, if you need anything or just want to talk, hit me up sometime.