PDA

View Full Version : Think I might Be Schizo

HOLEinyoursoul
February 8th, 2009, 04:11 AM
For a while now i have had thoughts of people being out to get me. I have also recently had a hard time deciphering if dreams actually have happened or not. I also ponder along the lines that we are all controlled by something. I have also had a loss of appetite. i told this to my friend and he said that it sounded like symptoms of schizophrenia.

IAMSAM
February 8th, 2009, 04:25 AM
Schizophrenia is fairly rare, esp. among adolescents. Typically, early onset schizophrenia is genetic, someone close on yuor family would have it.

In the absence of family history, you might have some troubling symptoms, but it's doubtful if it's schizphrenia. Fortunately.

HOLEinyoursoul
February 8th, 2009, 04:31 AM
a part of me wants to be crazy. i craze the sensation of surrealism. i watch so many movies with crazy people in them and i just want to be them

IAMSAM
February 8th, 2009, 04:50 AM
No, you don't.

Schizophrenia is a very serious illness with no cure. It leaves the person without the ability to think clearly or respond with appropriate emotion. It is truly incapicitating.

HOLEinyoursoul
February 8th, 2009, 11:59 AM
mmm then wtf is wrong with me? lol.

IAMSAM
February 8th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Which part of you're 'wrongness' would you like me to comment on?

HOLEinyoursoul
February 8th, 2009, 01:04 PM
what?

Atonement
February 8th, 2009, 07:08 PM
As Sam said, schizophrenia is very rarely diagnosed prior to adulthood because it doesn't appear correctly and can be mis diagnosed, and all that jazz.

As for your want for surrealism, I would suggest learning to be happy with what you have. Its hard to get a grasp on everything and be happy with what you've got, but its worth it in the end. Good luck

:daisy:

HOLEinyoursoul
February 8th, 2009, 07:29 PM
it's not that im not happy with what i have, it's just that i`m overly happy. Everything seems like a fleeting moment and and life is just amazing. I often get the sensation that i am just floating in space. I get in trouble in school a lot because of these feelings.

Atonement
February 8th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Then talk to someone about it. Whether that be a counselor, a therapist, an adult, or just a friend. Let it out and someone that knows you much better than I could hopefully make sense of all of it.

HOLEinyoursoul
February 8th, 2009, 07:44 PM
I don't find it to be a problem. Everyone else does. and i don't like that.

Atonement
February 8th, 2009, 07:46 PM
You don't find it a problem that you want to have a seriously dehabilitating mental illness for the rest of your life?

HOLEinyoursoul
February 8th, 2009, 07:48 PM
no cuz it feels good

Hello?

Please do not double post. Nor bump threads unless several several weeks apart.

Merged

~Vindication

INFERNO
February 8th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Do you always feel like you're in an euphoria, lots of energy, not a lot of sleep, etc...? And just a standard question, are you on any drugs or alcohol?

HOLEinyoursoul
February 8th, 2009, 10:27 PM
my answer is yes to all. i have done a little drinking maybe gotten drunk four times in my life. i have done some drugs but not recently

Skeln
February 10th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Ok, I will tell you now why you should not want schizophrenia. My friend and parents have it, and my friend has had it since he was younger than ten. When he was younger, he heard voices telling him to kill himself and several times he tried to cut his ears off to stop the voices. Do you want that? Also...I doubt you have schizophrenia. But I would tell a doctor about this if I was you.

INFERNO
February 11th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Then sorry to burst your bubble but this sounds nothing like schizophrenia. There's bipolar and there's unipolar. Bipolar I also don't think you have (don't know enough of you but for now, I'll assume you don't). However, you can have unipolar, such as depression or mania. It sounds to me more like unipolar of mania or something along those lines. However, I know extremely little of you so this could be completely wrong.

HOLEinyoursoul
February 11th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Thanks inferno. Are there any other questions that you could ask me to know me better so you can get a better prognosis?

Atonement
February 12th, 2009, 08:26 AM
INFERNO, I love our posts and are often super good posts, but I disagree on the unipolar idea. mmFan WANTS to be ill. Thus, its potential that there are pyschosemantic responses in their body making them appear symptoms of something they otherwise would not experience. Even if the symptoms exist, such as depression etc, if could very well be psychosemantic, no?

Though, on topic, I disagree with the idea of schizophrenia completely.

HOLEinyoursoul
February 12th, 2009, 09:49 AM
but there are things that i don't like. Like the constant fear. This is a sincere question.
Can wanting to be ill negatively effect me? As in the constant fear. Is that from the want to be ill?

INFERNO
February 13th, 2009, 12:36 AM
Wanting to be ill can negatively effect you. For example, you could be so caught up in wanting to be ill that either you make yourself ill by taking something (i.e. something to get hallucinations, a common symptom of schizophrenia) or trying to impersonate having the disorder, and in doing so, you do something reckless or foolish and now are physically injured. Also, there's a social aspect: wanting to be ill in most areas is considered abnormal. If this spreads so others see it or you tell that this, or somehow they find out, it can impact your social interactions. This too can affect your general well-being, self-esteem, etc... .

I'm not sure if you've heard of pseudocyesis but if not, in more simpler terms, it's a false pregnancy. I'm not intending to imply you're going to be pregnant but this is merely an example. In this case, the patient truly is not pregnant. You can do ultrasounds to prove it. However, aside from the ultrasounds, it resembles a real pregnancy and more often than not, fools families, doctors and friends, however, there are a few tell-tale signs that may make it a bit easier to spot based simply on their behavior (this we don't need to delve into).

The point of that little example was that if you constantly think and truly believe above nothing else that you have some disorder, your body can indeed physiologically display symptoms of it. Getting this treated adds even more complication to the mix.

So, wanting to be ill can lead to you being affected psychologically, socially and physiologically.

As for the constant fear, this adds a bit of a complication. I only know you through these posts so what I say may not be entirely true due to a large lack of information. But, there may be a part of you that doesn't want to have schizophrenia. Perhaps this is your reasoning in realizing that schizophrenia isn't something to be sought after to have. I am assuming though that the fear (unless there's some other fear you have that you haven't mentioned) that it is from wanting this illness.

Vindication, I have to say, when I typed that about unipolar, I think I forgot that he wants to be ill and was analyzing only 1 part of the behavior. I think you meant psychosomatic and not psychosemantic. But, if you did mean psychosemantic, I've never heard of that (I even googled it to make sure and didn't get anything). But yes, psychosomatic does seem to be possible.

mmfan, in your first post on this thread you mentioned people are out to get you. Is this something you believe, do you see them or is this simply something you're trying to convince yourself of in hopes of getting this illness? I won't say what I think on this question until you reply to it (simply so you don't get any more biased views from me affecting your decision).

Atonement
February 13th, 2009, 10:40 PM
I think you meant psychosomatic and not psychosemantic.

My bad, that is what I meant.