PDA

View Full Version : My OCD

Jailout2000
February 6th, 2009, 01:14 AM
Here lies my version of OCD...

- I have to exit the same square (door, box, etc.) that I entered, been working on this so its no longer part of my OCD.
- I have to have even numbers in my steps or actions, uneven and I feel an uncontrollable urge to make it even.
- As started above with my actions, if I do something once, I have to do it again.
- I can't stop an imaginary spinning circle or line. If its a clock, and I "turn it" to the time I want, I can't stop it at the time I want, it will keep going in an endless loop.
- I press the Left Shift and Enter keys on a Keyboard for no reason at all, randomly.
- I am right handed, but my left hand always makes me think that I have an uneven number so I have to use my right hand REPEATEDLY nonstop.
- I have to follow this 'string' whenever I go back to somewhere I started (exiting my house to get mail, then going back inside for example, I would have to make sure I went on the left of a tree and etc.).

That pretty much covers my OCD, I may have some other minor things that are so little I can't think of right now.

Thanks,
-Jailout2000

bussitbabydoll
May 16th, 2009, 06:59 PM
thats so sad!
i am so sorry. i really am. i cried reading this because i have ocd too.
i hate it and no one will give me medicine because im only thirteen.
us kids with ocd need to stay strong
email me
:))

Jailout2000
May 18th, 2009, 10:54 PM
I am so glad I "subscribed" to this thread when I posted it. I never came back to it until I read my E-mail that said it got replies.

About the E-mail thing, maybe so. I believe my contact info is on my profile at this site. Look it up.

That clock or circle thing in my head/mind is really annoying. That's probably the top 5 worst things I have with OCD right now. I can't stop a wheel/circle/clock in my head mentally. I found a way to stop it physically though. If I use my tongue, it stops it. Weird, I know.

At school, I've learned to not care what hallway I go through anymore, unless I have the time to actually go back through the loop. I have 5 minutes for period to period and I like to be in class in my seat before the "warning" bell rings. So I only go back through the halls if it is before or after school, when I'm doing something like getting something from my locker or going to a classroom to get something.

Another OCD-related thing I have is I can't spin myself around. if I come around a corner, and turn myself, I'll eventually have to unwind myself and turn around just as many times I turned before. If I am sitting down and I have a turn to unwind, I'll get up out of the chair or where I'm sitting down at very weirdly. I barely notice this one though because it is subconscious for me to do this now.

Thanks, -Jailout2000

jacknife
May 20th, 2009, 10:18 PM
- I have to have even numbers in my steps or actions, uneven and I feel an uncontrollable urge to make it even.
- As started above with my actions, if I do something once, I have to do it again.
I used to have those same urges. I used to even eat in even numbers. For example, I would grab 2 cheez-itz, or 4 or 8; and if I grabbed 3 or 5 then I would have to eat 3 or 5 again to balance it out.

Let me ask you, do you, or have you ever:

Had any fears of the world being unfair?
Become incredibly angry or sad by injustice?
Been bothered when bad things happen to good people and good things happen to bad people?
Felt morally obligated to create fairness in your own life wherever you could?
Had any imaginary friends? Or stuffed animals or other inanimate objects that you would imagine as being real? Did you ever treat them unfairly?

Jailout2000
May 21st, 2009, 07:39 PM
I used to have those same urges. I used to even eat in even numbers. For example, I would grab 2 cheez-itz, or 4 or 8; and if I grabbed 3 or 5 then I would have to eat 3 or 5 again to balance it out.

Been bothered when bad things happen to good people and good things happen to bad people?
Had any imaginary friends? Or stuffed animals or other inanimate objects that you would imagine as being real? Did you ever treat them unfairly?
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Sometimes, usually most of the time. This interferes with my "Mutual respect" policy.
Yep, every night when I go to bed, I always think of a certain pillow as a girl-friend. I probably have treated them unfairly once in a while.

Why do you ask these things?

oregonscientific
May 31st, 2009, 07:36 AM

i have these too...

yes
yes
yes
yes
yes (stuffed rabbit)
yes, and then i cried...

why did you ask this? and does it mean anything?