PDA

View Full Version : How Does It Feel?

lol123
January 14th, 2009, 09:08 AM
im not trying to be mean or anything i just wanna no.i have to know what people with add do and how they live.can anyone tell me?ofcoarse i have no problem with people with diseases like these..i consider people that make fun a holes..but i need to no this

Viola
January 26th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Sometimes it makes you feel alone, but other times it helps me. I compose better music without medication in my system.

Justin16
February 9th, 2009, 05:56 AM
im not trying to be mean or anything i just wanna no.i have to know what people with add do and how they live.can anyone tell me?ofcoarse i have no problem with people with diseases like these..i consider people that make fun a holes..but i need to no thisI have ADHD and it isn't a DISEASE!

That is offensive.

Austen is gay
March 17th, 2009, 04:18 PM
I have ADHD and it isn't a DISEASE!

That is offensive.

Why the hell do you find it offensive.

PrincessSarey
April 22nd, 2009, 11:48 AM
It's a disorder of the mind.
It is lonely when you feel misunderstood.
It is very insulting when someone doubts it is real or thinks you are faking it.
It is a huge impact in many areas. Career, home life, social life, etc.
It's extremely difficult to control yourself at times.
There are different types, inattentive, combined, hyperactive/impulsive.
Combined is a mix of both inattentive, hyperactive and impulsive. I'm combined and it's quite common.
Inattentive is most seen in girls; and also harder to diagnose. They may be missed because ADHD is sterotyped as one bouncing off the walls.

Here is a site that is using Winnie The Pooh to explain the types of ADHD and symptoms;
http://newideas.net/add_types.htm

It feels a varies of emotions at different times. It's hard to explain in words.

"You cannot understand it unless you've been through it" - this applies to many things in life.

Project Delta
April 29th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Tbh i have to agree with Justin, I have ADHD and its not a Disease its a disorder, and it is quite offensive to think of it as a disease.
I feel lonely, but want to keep to myself still
I feel like an outcast
It makes me really shy and i cant speak in crowds even if i've known the people for years. :/

PrincessSarey
April 29th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Tbh i have to agree with Justin, I have ADHD and its not a Disease its a disorder, and it is quite offensive to think of it as a disease.
I feel like an outcast
It makes me really shy and i cant speak in crowds even if i've known the people for years. :/

Sounds like an anxiety disorder more than ADHD.

stranger
May 12th, 2009, 05:49 AM
I have the disorder as well. I sometimes feel misunderstood when I do something impulsive (sometimes I dance for no other reason than the fact that there was music playing, for instance), but I have started to work through it without medication and I actually feel like I am more likeable without it. I still feel misunderstood, but somehow that is a good thing now, not a bad thing. I think it can be a positive thing if you learn enough self control to keep up healthy relationships.

MuseDae
May 28th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by Silkonia View Post
I feel like an outcast
Sounds like an anxiety disorder more than ADHD.

These two disorders can go hand in hand. I have both ADHD and an anxiety disorder. I've heard ADHD makes you more susceptible to having depression and anxiety.

Anyway. ADHD...it's different for everyone, I think. I have to be in control a lot, otherwise people think I'm completely insane. I write at my best when I'm off my medication, but only for a day or so. It's just...something you can't really explain.

trenton.g
May 28th, 2009, 08:26 PM
awww i feel so bad for you guys i have a friend wth adhd and hes a really nice guy but sumtimes he gets a little crazy

Project Delta
May 28th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Yeh i agree with MuseDae, its something that is really hard to explain.
People call me crazy all the time, gets on my nerves :/, and even my family... because they think i can only be 'normal' while on my meds, which is totally not true!

PrincessSarey
May 29th, 2009, 08:07 PM
I think I know that. I suffer from multiple anxiety disorders, along with other disorders, MuseDae. I'm just saying that both have some similar symptoms therefore it should be checked out, as it may be one, or the other. But yes, it's possible to have both. I and many others out there are proof of that. ;)

MuseDae
May 29th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Ohh. Okay, I misunderstood what you were saying. Yeah, it's generally better to be checked out, as ADHD is the most commonly overdiagnosed disorder. It should be the LAST option to look at, not the first.

But as we both said, they do sometimes go hand in hand

bill
May 30th, 2009, 04:00 AM
finaly something i can get inturested in! i have adhd and it is a heck load! it has its bad things and good things. good thing, you always want everything neat. well sometimes. its just thats every now and then something will drive you insane and make you want to make it perfect. maybe not good.. or it makes you realy hyper. it just gives you constant enerhy. it prety fun! also wen it gets realy bad, you never calm down. ever. you never can get it thro your thik skul to shut the hell up and stay stil. thats another thing you dont stay stil. but a good thing for every one is that suger as the opicate efect for adhd peeps. i drink coffee and it makes me sleepy and i lay down.. but peeps can make fun of you a lot for it.. all in all, i have adhd and i LOVE IT! i can use it as a weapon! my parents anoy me one day. i anoy them in advance the next day!

bill
May 30th, 2009, 04:04 AM
I feel like an outcast

i agreessss

jetbluerocks
June 4th, 2009, 01:43 AM
I have ADD so Im not hyper but other then that i have all the same things...I hate that i have to take meds for it everyday before i go to school...its annoying...

Project Delta
June 4th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Cheers for agreeing Bill, but dont double post okay. Admins moan about it, giving you forward warning nicely :)

PowerShift
June 20th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Hey
What it feels like to have ADD huh?
Well I have ADHD, and personaly I dont feel that much different than how normal people feel. There are so many kids out there with ADD that it almost seems normal now Anyway, you feel a lot more distracted than other people. Especially during school. But ive pretty much gotten over this-well not over it, but more used to it- ive learned to live with distractions, and i can still get good grades even though im distracted. ADHD also includes being unusually hyper. ive used this trait to makd friends; its really wierd, whenever im hyper i can really make people laugh. this just helps me make friends. So life is pretty awsome for someone with ADHD, especially because you can make your brain think of SSSSSOOOOOOOO many things at once. you can be dancing on the top of your desk during class and distract all of the normal kids while you are still paying attention to the teacher. Youll be the one to pass that test tommorow, nobody else. and thats how ADHD feels to me.

Blkbeltteen
June 22nd, 2009, 09:07 PM
Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (AD/HD or ADHD) is a neurobehavioral developmental disorder. It is the most commonly diagnosed psychiatric disorder in children affecting about 3 to 5% of children globally with symptoms starting before seven years of age. It is characterized by a persistent pattern of impulsiveness and inattention, with or without a component of hyperactivity. ADHD is diagnosed twice as frequently in boys as in girls, though studies suggest this discrepancy may be due to subjective bias. ADHD is generally a chronic disorder with 30 to 50% of those individuals diagnosed in childhood continuing to have symptoms into adulthood. As they mature, adolescents and adults with ADHD are likely to develop coping mechanisms to compensate for their impairment.

ADHD to me was a curse. Being socially awkward, Distant from other kids. and Hyper active. You seem to daydream mostly all day. Very fidgety. Caffeine is your worst enemy. (however to me it actually doesn't quite affect me anymore)

That's just a small part of it..

Its like... Being on a sugar rush 24/7 thats the closest thing i could compare it to.

No ADHD is entirely real. Though skeptics say it doesn't exist or its just a manifestation of the kids mind to make him or her get attention. it does hurt when people say that its bad parenting, The kids faking it. Etc. But I know what I have and I'm hell bent to control it. I will not let it run my life.

And Ill be damned to take another medication.. Ive taken every single one known to man. Adderal, Strattera,Daytrana, And the list goes on. All of them.. Screwed me up. Either the lack of hunger, Or just being zombiefied (Zoned out, Completly out of it)

I think Ill stop before I start ranting..

Giles
June 25th, 2009, 10:22 AM
I feel like an outcast

i know someone the complete opposite to you tht has ADHD, he never shuts up lol, he bullies every1 cos he cant stay still.

Project Delta
June 25th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Well when i get talking, i dont stop :P Because of my hyperactiveness but cant do it to new people. only ones i'm very established with/.

ThUnDeR
June 29th, 2009, 08:18 PM
i like my adhd cause it gets me outta trouble sometimes.
i have to take medication beacuse i cant concentrate in school and also if i go a day without my meds i am hyper as hell!!! lol i am off the walls
also i found that my adhd makes me get in trouble like i tend to talk back to my teachers and other people without my meds i would be a badd badd kid
XD

marty
June 30th, 2009, 12:12 AM
I was diagnosed with ADHD when i was in third grade. and i used to be really hyper and i would do random things....but i would always be listening. Like during "children's time" in church i would be doing somersaults in front of the entire congregation, but i would answer every question. I don't remember this happening but my family says it did. I would, instead of bore myself with watching people in the upper field kick a ball around, i would focus my attention on the more important task at hand: picking the grass off of the field, that and cartwheels.

I USED to have ADHD

I think ADHD has since gone away. I may feel i little more distracted than other people, but i can pay attention in classes, and i don't space out anymore. I don't know...and i don't mean to offend anybody here....but this leads me to believe that ADHD may be just a state of mind. This may be true for just me, and i may have been misdiagnosed.

However, ADHD still appears on my school files. And substitute teachers who hadn't known me before teaching in class were WAY more lenient because they thought i was hyper and disordered. One time i was in spanish class in sixth grade, and we had a sub who came up to me before class and said "i know you have ADHD, so if you need to walk up around class, go ahead and walk around. just do it in the back of class." So was like "ok.....no...." but then i decided to have some fun and in the middle of a lesson i just got up and walked around. it was fun!

humanesquire
June 30th, 2009, 01:17 AM
I have ADD and the biggest problem is that when on meds i'm not hungry, which is a problem because I am real skinny. When not on meds I almost fail school

Project Delta
June 30th, 2009, 04:24 AM
ADHD never goes away, you just learn to controll it better. Adhd is something you cant get rid of, but you can treat it.

LiGHT
July 1st, 2009, 01:23 PM
it feels like you can't concentrate and you feel alone and that noones understand you

Liam21
August 7th, 2009, 10:27 AM
I have Adhd. For me its hard to feel like people can understand me, so I try to cope with it by writing. Its kind of like having something really complex to say but not knowing how to say it.

sam i am
August 8th, 2009, 11:54 AM
My ex bf has ADHD and i feel like are relationship fell because of him he's like crazy and random and i like random but he's to random,if u get what im saying i feel like people with ADHD can control it when they get older but i feel like they attend to lack into being bipolar. im just saying i don't have ADHD but i have seen my share of people(my ex) acting retarded and hyper a lot

BigBulge
September 21st, 2009, 11:33 AM
I'm mild ADD and really, I don't feel any different to anyone else, however for some people, it can be a fairly sensitive matter so be careful about what you say. I a way, I find it hugely annoying as I'll be doing homework, go off on a tangent and start browsing the web on random things (usually educational and associated with the topic, but sometimes I end up on forums like this). When medicated though, I just feel normal. My Psychiatrist says 'Mild ADD is when the your brain's signals use the minor, difficult routes, taking the long way round, whereas they should be taking the fastest path to the central nervous system. if you are diagnosed at an early age, you can be given drugs (stimulants) which help. When you reach puberty and your body starts making the last few physical tweaks, your brain should re-wire itself so the signals start taking the faster routes without the stimulants having to tell them to. If it is treated in this way, then you should be able to drop the drugs around 16 having achieved a fully functional brain allowing full concentration.'

It hasn't worked yet. I'm 13 and I'm off on a tangent right now whilst writing this post. ADD is not an illness, I'm fully aware I'm on a tangent, so I'm going to get back to my homework, otherwise it'll take for ever. I hope I helped you understand what it's like a bit more, as there's not really that much to understand. Bear in mind that Strong ADHD can be much more severe and people can be sensitive about this, but we're no different from anyone else - everyone has something wrong with them. In this case it's just that the brain could do with some tweaking. If you have any more questions about what it's like in my boots, feel free to PM me and I'll go off on another tangent for you!

Justwondering
September 21st, 2009, 03:52 PM
I'm with Aaron (Dreamless Speach) all the way. I have ADHD and it sucks. I can't speak in front of large groups of people (presentations). I also have a high level of anxiety all the time because I'm scared I'm going to embarrass myself by doing something stupid. Being worried all the time isn't fun. Even though I'm considered popular at school, I'm always the quiet one. However, I do believe its a disorder that can be overcome, or improved. I've drastically improved, but it's been over a 6 year period.

Jeffrey
September 21st, 2009, 10:46 PM
I talk really fast and I stutter alot which really bugs me.

I have ADHD, take medication yada yada.

dantheman5000
September 29th, 2009, 04:10 PM
i was offended a little when you asked that. its not like we have aids or any other kind of ailment. we are normal people. but if you must know it sometimes feels like no one undrstands you. you feel rejcted and you have a low self esteem.

marymbe22
December 22nd, 2009, 10:08 PM
It's not a diesease and i ve always felt alone like no one likes me. I've tried so hard to make friends but it is always hard to do anything. Sometimes i wish that i didn't have this. Other days i accept it. I dont think i could play piano without ADHD. I feel offended when ppl sterotype ADHD ppl.

Charleigh
December 26th, 2009, 09:43 AM
ive got severe ADHD lol, so many things come into my mind at once sometimes I have to say them all at once lol. I can easily go without sleep for 2 days. lol. I cant have sugary things otherwise I go ape-shit lol. =] Im so hyperactive sometimes so I use my energy for sport! I might of gone off subjuct I dont know lol but there you go lol.

Asylum
December 30th, 2009, 09:45 PM
i am cursed with both
without medicatin you feel happy, sort of hyper, can't focus, annoyed because you can't focus, fidgety, you feel like you must do something at all times
on mediccine- alone, depressed, suicidal, angry, sometiems focused, can't eat, can't sleep, miserable :(

Project Delta
December 31st, 2009, 01:16 AM
I am sorry Celina, you are not CURSED with both because they aren't bad things!

Asylum
January 4th, 2010, 06:02 PM
but i am :( i'm skrewed because of my medication now... not to mention frustrated becxause i'm really smart... but i can never get the good grades because i cna't focus and my dislexia, it sucks sooo much because i knwo the answers. but to put it on a piece of pape, is a fail for me...

Project Delta
January 5th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Yeah but the reason your smart is because of the adhd, its proven that people with adhd have on average 20% higher IQ

Doll
February 18th, 2010, 10:03 PM
I have both A.D.D. and A.D.H.D. I'm totally hyper and random all the time, but that's not really a bad thing to me. My friends always tell me thats one of the things they love about me. :P On the other hand, I grew up trying to repress it because all of the other kids thought I was wierd. This caused me to become extremely self-concious, and I feel like I'm going to die if I have to present anything or make a speech. I also worry a lot about what people think. I used to take meds for it, but I can't really remember it. My mom said it helped a lot with concentration and stuff, but it also made me loose my appetite, so I was a really skinny kid. Other than certain parts, I'm ok with it. But sometimes it just makes me feel really different, and alone.
But, I have ADD, ADHD, Tourettes, Mild OCD, Depression, and probably an anxiety disorder. So, I don't really know what effects go with which cause anymore. o_o But, I think that's it.

Asylum
March 2nd, 2010, 01:17 AM
i feel like i an't focus. i feel disorganize and al over the place. its annoying

BeautifulDisaster
March 2nd, 2010, 03:47 AM
I have ADHD combined.

Honestly, there is no way to describe how it feels unless you feel it yourself.

Scarface
March 3rd, 2010, 11:57 PM
i was diagnosed with ADHD in the fourth grade. what it feels like for me? well it feels like a million thoughts are going through my mind at once and i cant concentrate on anything. like for example ill be thinking of what ill be doing tomorrow when im talking with someone not even paying attention to what they're saying. i don't have the attention span to read a book because i feel like i have to be moving all the time. its not an easy thing to cope with, but some need medication some don't depending on how sever it is. i hope this helps!

cassann08
May 1st, 2010, 04:58 AM
my brother had ADHD when he was young but according to the doctors he has grown out of the hyperactivity (yeah right). for me, living with someone with ADD and oppositional disorder can be very frustrating but easy to deal with. for example, my brother is so loud and in your face but in 10minutes time, he's completely changed. its frustrating because we dont know what to expect. apparently, though, he's got more problems that the doctors dont have a name for yet so we dont know whether that contributes or not. dont get me wrong, my brother is really smart - he's a genius when it comes to sports - he just doesnt know how to apply himself.
but i guess its just something ive grown up with so i dont know any different :)

Gps108
May 14th, 2010, 01:51 AM
I have ADD :Dand you realy don't feel enything out of the ordanary addjust makes it harder to consintrae

patrick99
June 12th, 2010, 11:01 AM
im not trying to be mean or anything i just wanna no.i have to know what people with add do and how they live.can anyone tell me?ofcoarse i have no problem with people with diseases like these..i consider people that make fun a holes..but i need to no this

its no disadavadage to like it actually a addvatage i probbly live just u i might just think faster be a little more eterjetic because i have A.D.H.D:what:

LeopardSox
June 14th, 2010, 09:00 PM
ADD people have trouble paying attention with wandering minds but when you add the H in there then not only do you have trouble paying attention but you also find yourself moving around alot and unable to keep still especially when something is boring.

jake_97
June 29th, 2010, 05:06 AM
having ADHD doesnt bother me ........ i was dieignosed at age 10......... and my mom bought me a laptop to keep me busy.......... but the cool thing is im aloud to have my laptop and ipod and other things........... the only bad thing is i have trouble sleeping........... i probobly get 2-6 hours a day..........

Agony
September 22nd, 2010, 09:43 PM
honestly, ive been told i have adhd, and seen people who so called have add or adhd, i dont think its a disease, or a disorder, i think its just how some people are. not in any way anything that is bad, just something that medicine can help with, like anything else. its a clever marketing scam. thats my belief. do i sound like a conspiracy theorist? probably. do i care? eh wish i did.