PDA

View Full Version : Do I have it? Ay.Dee.Dee.

Clane
January 2nd, 2009, 04:30 PM
Hello first off, I do have an idea of what ADD actually is but the other day my
algebra teacher asked me if I had it, I never really put any though into it. I
zone out quite a lot and I don't have the best marks on my report card. I
think I average a C-D range. I try really hard but I end up not being able to
finish the home work or assignment. I have a really good grade in
Government class though because we debate a lot about current events. I'm a
very out spoken person and is not scared to give my opinion on anything.
Gosh this sounds like I'm signing up for harmony or something, anyway. I
tend to look out the window a lot or stare at the board, watching what the
teacher is doing but not actually registering it because I'm somewhere else. I
go into after school tutoring for help and that is where my algebra teacher
asked me if I had "concentration issues". I don't know, does it sound like I've
got A.D.D?

IAMSAM
January 2nd, 2009, 11:12 PM
ADHD is probably the most overdiagnosed thing out there, there are a lot of causes for inattention, impulsiveness, etc. ADHD is caused by an actual neurological situation, and depending on what stats you use, and affects somewhere btw'n 5-15% of the population. So, doing the math would suggest that there's a 85-95% chance that whatever is causing your inattention is not "True" ADHD.

The only real way to accurately diagnose ADHD is with a battery of neuropsychoeducational tests administered by a qualified psychologist. If your teacher believes that you have ADHD, she should refer you to the school psychologist who can determine if a thorough test battery is indicated. Until (And unless) that happens, you might try exercise some self control and self discipline in the classroom.

Simonsays
January 5th, 2009, 12:55 AM
I believe I have ADD. I zone out in class as you do, very outspoken, a lot of energy, but I am enthusiastic (that could be it).. It's possible you have ADD, but it's also possible you don't. I wouldn't dwell on it. But don't use it as an excuse to get a bad grade, keep that in mind.

spartan117
March 19th, 2009, 09:44 PM
im like that to i to have wondered actually my friend has add and he asked if i did i said no but he is shure i do i have seen him when he hasnt had hid add medacation and is alot like me so i duh no

Atonement
March 21st, 2009, 08:08 PM
Because user has not been active since two hours after they posted this thread, I am going to lock this.

OP: If you wish to have this reopened, PM me or report it saying you would like it reopened. :daisy:

:locked: