PDA

View Full Version : do you think i could have OCD

DarkWingedAngel
November 7th, 2008, 10:52 PM
here is just some of the strange stuff i do

when im in my room during the day all doors have to be closed if they are just the slightest bit open then the next person that walks by i will spaz out at

if it is at night then the door must be open so i can see the hall and all blinds and windows must be closed for fear of someone coming in and killing me

when im walking on a side walk i have to take 2 steps on each square

at dinner all food must not be touching the other food or else i will not eat it

when im doing a test i check it over a lot of times before handing it in

im obsessed with the numbers 4 and 6

there is probably a lot more but im to tired to type anymore

Callwaiting
November 22nd, 2008, 05:56 AM
As per every mental illness thread, we can't tell you whether or not you have an illness. You've only really told us what you do, not what you feel.
E.g do you feel extremely angry or uncomfortable when a door isn't closed, are you paranoid that if you don't take two steps per square something bad will happen?

The majority of people have OCD behavioral traits, a very common one being the need for a door/window to be closed. The nature of OCD is that it makes you have unreasonable fears and anxieties, so the fear of someone killing you at night can be ruled out as an OCD behaviour; it's more of a general fear. While not likely, it's still a rational fear.
The same can be applied to rechecking your test; most people do this as it helps avoid careless mistakes.

As for the other stuff you said, most people have some OCD behaviors and this could explain them. If, however, they interfere significantly with your everyday life then this might signal something isn't right and you might have developed OCD, which you should go and try to sort out with a therapist.

In my opinion I don't think you have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, although as I said before it's not my call to make and if you're really worried you should arrange to see a local therapist for an asessment.

Hope I could help anyway!

DoYouLikeCookies
November 23rd, 2008, 01:57 AM
''here is just some of the strange stuff i do

when im in my room during the day all doors have to be closed if they are just the slightest bit open then the next person that walks by i will spaz out at

if it is at night then the door must be open so i can see the hall and all blinds and windows must be closed for fear of someone coming in and killing me

when im walking on a side walk i have to take 2 steps on each square''

I do those exact things i dont call it anything besides paranoia =P No big deal.

If you wanna talk Email me [email protected] ( If you didnt post this add or dont have anything 2 say bout this topic dont add me)

Oblivion
November 23rd, 2008, 02:14 AM
We really cant diagnose you with anything, so dont take anything for sure
My first suggestion would be to go to a psychologist and get a general check for mental illnesses, as this is not the only thing you have asked about

Secondly, it sounds like either a very small case of OCD, or just weird habits
Blinds and windows being closed at night are naturally something someone would want,
Checking a test is being careful,
2 steps in each square could be explained by boredom,
But the others sounds like they are just weird habits

But again, get checked out if you want to know for sure.