PDA

View Full Version : [UPGRADED] vBulletin 3.7.1

Kiros
May 28th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Hey folks. It's time for another upgrade.

vBulletin 3.7.1 is a maintenance release, which means I am not going to install it immediately. Instead, I plan to wait 3 days.

In the future, you can expect to see notices and/or announcements in this form below.

vBulletin 3.7.1
Release Type: Maintenance
Priority of Upgrade: Normal

New Features/Fixes: Internal (administrative) features.

Downtime Date/Time: Saturday, May 31, 2008, at 2:00PM CST (GMT -6)
Expected Duration: 1 hour.

All times are estimated and approximate (not precise).

Kiros
May 31st, 2008, 10:38 AM
To follow up, this upgrade has been complete.

This operation was started and finished early due to a situation on my part. My cable connection (which provides internet as well), will be cut off some time today. Since I did not and still do not know when, I decided to upgrade about 6 hours earlier than scheduled.

Again, new features are mostly internal - bug fixes and added settings for administrators. A noteable change that will increase the performance of the server is a new uploading method. Nothing should change for the end-user, but the server now only uses kilobytes of memory for uploads (even large files over 100MB). This means that when several people are uploading to the server (attachments or pictures), there will be almost no loss of performance. :)

At any rate, I'll be off for a little bit. I'm not sure when my cable company will disconnect me, but I know it will be for more than a day or so - probably until at least the 3rd, but maybe earlier.

Peace