PDA

View Full Version : Expected Downtime For Blog Update and FULL Backup

Kiros
April 27th, 2008, 07:51 PM
On this Wednesday, April 30th, the forums will be having some downtime so I can safely upgrade the vBulletin Blog to version 1.0.5. If other updates for some modifications or products come out before then, I will also try to do the updates before the backup. After I do this, I will also do a full backup, which means I will gather all of the physical files on the server and export the entire database.

The forums will first be placed under a "normal" inactive-lockdown, and after I get the blog version updated, the forums will go under a total-isolation-lockdown. This means that those whom visit the forums will see a bland page with no connections to the forum-database.

Doing a full backup may become a regular practice every 1 to 2 months to prevent major data-loss, just to give you guys a heads-up. ;)

This will take place between the times of 2:30pm and 6:00pm CST (GMT -6). Estimated downtime is a minimum of 1.5 hours. Maximum downtime should be no more than 2 hours.

Thank you for understanding :)
Ben

Kiros
April 30th, 2008, 11:56 PM
Please note, due to a scheduling conflict (explained below) this operation has been moved to Thursday and Friday. I say and because vBulletin 3.7 has finally been released and this is a major upgrade. As a result, I will make a backup of the database before I start work.

The next two days, there will be downtime of approximately 1-2 hours (and on the second day, maybe slightly more).

The sheduling conflict I mentioned above refers to me not getting back to my house until just now (approximately 11:50pm). We had a state-competition in band to attend and it was held on a completely opposite side of the state. At any rate, we were planning to get back at about 4ish. We were held up on the way there and on the way back, however.

Toodles