PDA

View Full Version : Starting going to the gym

drunkbanana17
October 2nd, 2015, 01:49 PM
I am seriously thinking it . Im tall (176cm) and thin (54kg) so I guess having some muscle may help me with the girls :p . I have some questions... Is there a specific routine or do i go when i please ? And is there someone to tell me my limits or tell me what exercises should i do ( so i get equally fit at all parts of my body )

camo115
October 5th, 2015, 02:18 AM
Get a personal trainer for your first few sessions they will help you push to your limits and show you how to use the equipment. It defiantly worth the money for the first month and you should be able to get into your own habits after that also the will help you with diet advice and a long term goal and plan if you ask them so don't be scared

Blablabla36489
October 5th, 2015, 03:36 AM
I started going to gym a few months ago and first three times a trainer showed me how to use the machines and which exercises are the best for my age.

Sheriff McGregor
October 7th, 2015, 10:53 PM
I would recommend an upper body day
A back day and a leg day

Do chest presses (Dumbbell and machine)
Bench press with the barbell if you can
Tricep cable pulldowns
Bench dips
Cable curls
Alternating dumbbell curls
DB shoulder presses

Lat pulldowns
Chin-ups
Dumbbell rows
Rowing machine
Cable row

Squats
Dumbbell split squats
Leg press
Machine leg curls
Abdductor/ adductor machine

Checkout bodybuilding.com for pictures on how to do all these and they have plenty of workouts to check out. Also the gym is my life so you can pm me if you are interested

Lzst
October 15th, 2015, 05:42 PM
If you're younger than 16/17 i advise you avoid doing squats or shoulder work outs.
They are known to stunt growth and although it may seem worth it at the time (because shoulder pump makes you look and feel huge) it's not worth being shorter for the rest of your life.
I've been casually working out since April 2014, and have been going to the gym as much as possible since march 2015. I tend to go atleast 4 times a week, though if you're just starting it's best to build it up. Try 2 days your first week, then maybe 3 the next. It's not worth pushing your body too hard and damaging yourself over.

Mikedamaniak
October 17th, 2015, 10:50 PM
If you start working out regularly, stretching is very important. You will not have to worry about stunting your growth as long as you cool down and stretch afterwards. It doesn't have to be right after the workout, but as long as you do it before you go to bed. However, you need to be adamant about stretching, and there is some risk of it not finding the time to stretch or putting it off and stunting your growth that way.