PDA

View Full Version : Smoking (starting)

marv3l
September 30th, 2015, 05:23 PM
Hey, I literally have no clue if anyone will respond to this but I'd really like to talk with some of you about smoking..i've kind of had a little bit of a weird time with smoking. Kinda on and off. Kinda hard to get hold of cigarettes. I've smoked about 16 overall in the past 5(?) months. Life ain't great. Anyone want to talk?

Contact prompt removed. ~Elysium Idk//i've just joined this site tonight..:)

conniption
September 30th, 2015, 11:39 PM
Well, what about smoking exactly do you want to talk about?

Abyssal Echo
September 30th, 2015, 11:45 PM
I don't know what you want to know about smoking.
The best advice I can give you is not to start.

Vermilion
October 1st, 2015, 01:38 AM
16 over 5 months is a small amount.

Riley2015
October 1st, 2015, 02:06 AM
I wouldn't start smoking really, not a good idea

marv3l
October 1st, 2015, 03:34 PM
I really don't know what to say ngl..I really enjoy smoking, and honestly i'm not too bothered about how it affects my health. I would definitely smoke more often if I could, but it's hard to get cigarettes for me and it's also obvious to tell if I have smoked. Idk what I want to get out of this forum..sorry aha://

SethfromMI
October 1st, 2015, 08:06 PM
well I would personally recommend you stop before you get too serious of an addiction. in the end only you can make that decision, but yea only you can make that choice

Karkat
October 3rd, 2015, 07:06 AM
Honestly, if you HAVE to smoke, do it on rare occasions. Don't chainsmoke. Cigarettes are terrible for you, but cigarette addiction... Is hell.

Also don't smoke every time you get angry or frustrated or stressed. May seem like a good way to calm down

But it'll also make you bloody irritated when you can't smoke and you feel that way.

Like everyone else is saying, best course is to avoid them, but it's your decision in the end.

Sheriff McGregor
October 5th, 2015, 06:43 PM
I too have started recently. Like the past year and a half I might have a cigarette at a party like once a month but in the past two weeks I've gone through a pack. Not a lot but I do like it

Just JT
October 5th, 2015, 07:23 PM
I really don't know what to say ngl..I really enjoy smoking, and honestly i'm not too bothered about how it affects my health. I would definitely smoke more often if I could, but it's hard to get cigarettes for me and it's also obvious to tell if I have smoked. Idk what I want to get out of this forum..sorry aha://

Just wondering why your not "bothered about how it affects" your health
The only thing smoking does is damage your body....

squares
October 6th, 2015, 03:24 PM
16 cigarettes or packs? 16 cigs or packs? 16 cigs over 5 months ain't nothing to worry about...

marv3l
October 8th, 2015, 02:13 PM
Just wondering why your not "bothered about how it affects" your health
The only thing smoking does is damage your body....

Honestly, because I harm myself: I don't care about the harm to inside of me, infact, I'd go as far to say I like it..

I too have started recently. Like the past year and a half I might have a cigarette at a party like once a month but in the past two weeks I've gone through a pack. Not a lot but I do like it

Yeah, it's just like on and off..whenever I can tbh because it's hard to smoke without anyone noticing..I like smoking at parties too.

Honestly, if you HAVE to smoke, do it on rare occasions. Don't chainsmoke. Cigarettes are terrible for you, but cigarette addiction... Is hell.

Also don't smoke every time you get angry or frustrated or stressed. May seem like a good way to calm down

But it'll also make you bloody irritated when you can't smoke and you feel that way.

Like everyone else is saying, best course is to avoid them, but it's your decision in the end.

Thanks for the advice man, I appreciate it..it does feel like a nice way to calm down, and I can imagine myself becoming addicted, I think I'm a person likely to become reliant on something like that.

Posts merged. Next time, please use the "Edit" or "Multi" button. ~Elysium

Sheriff McGregor
October 8th, 2015, 04:03 PM
It becomes a bad habit to smoke whenever you get stressed. So I try to make it more of a reward when I have a good day.

Wilde
October 10th, 2015, 08:02 PM
My word of advice: don't. I personally hold firm beliefs (that I've proven myself) that addiction is only as existential as you make it out to be. I smoked for quite a while (few months - tobacco only) and was 'addicted'. I'd charge through around 20-30 cigarettes and a few cigarillos in a day (inhaling - why else would I smoke cigars, the tobacco doesn't taste nice on cheap cigars). This may not seem like a lot to veteran smokers but compared to everyone I know apparently I smoked wayyy too much. I stopped because after 2 years of smoking weed (which, in joints, contains tobacco) I finally had some form of awakening experience and began to realize that my time is limited. Why would I cut it short for a few milligrams of nicotine in my blood? I can get the same enjoyment from a meaningful conversation or a sesh at the skatepark. Why waste my life away on some shitty plant?

After quitting, I now have a lot more money (I started smoking rollies - seemed natural, I'm great at rolling. I moved onto cigarettes after my first few 25g bags of golden virginia tobacco) to spend on things I want. Also, I've been a lot more confident since not many people my age like people who smoke.

You may think smoking is cool at this time in your life. But trust me, I know a tonne of people who could outsmoke you in seconds and still tell you you're a fool. Don't get addicted, don't start. It's a waste of the valuable time that you have here. That's the truth.

marv3l
October 11th, 2015, 02:55 PM
My word of advice: don't. I personally hold firm beliefs (that I've proven myself) that addiction is only as existential as you make it out to be. I smoked for quite a while (few months - tobacco only) and was 'addicted'. I'd charge through around 20-30 cigarettes and a few cigarillos in a day (inhaling - why else would I smoke cigars, the tobacco doesn't taste nice on cheap cigars). This may not seem like a lot to veteran smokers but compared to everyone I know apparently I smoked wayyy too much. I stopped because after 2 years of smoking weed (which, in joints, contains tobacco) I finally had some form of awakening experience and began to realize that my time is limited. Why would I cut it short for a few milligrams of nicotine in my blood? I can get the same enjoyment from a meaningful conversation or a sesh at the skatepark. Why waste my life away on some shitty plant?

After quitting, I now have a lot more money (I started smoking rollies - seemed natural, I'm great at rolling. I moved onto cigarettes after my first few 25g bags of golden virginia tobacco) to spend on things I want. Also, I've been a lot more confident since not many people my age like people who smoke.

You may think smoking is cool at this time in your life. But trust me, I know a tonne of people who could outsmoke you in seconds and still tell you you're a fool. Don't get addicted, don't start. It's a waste of the valuable time that you have here. That's the truth.

Cheers man, that really got through to me..I like where you've said "addiction is only as existential as you make it out to be". Not sure why, but I really get that..and I don't smoke at all to be "cool", I'm just making it clear that I'm really not doing it for that reason..thanks again.

It becomes a bad habit to smoke whenever you get stressed. So I try to make it more of a reward when I have a good day.

Yeah that seems like a good concept to try..I don't smoke very often -- only when I can -- so it's more like an award anyway, but thanks for that

Posts merged. Next time, please use the "Edit" or "Multi" button. ~Elysium

Sheriff McGregor
October 11th, 2015, 10:56 PM
I actually just had a red about 10 minutes ago

thefemina
October 15th, 2015, 04:19 PM
When i was about your age, i smoked like once a month and it havn't had a bad influence on me, however i don't think you should smoke, or atleast keep it in very small amount.

ChaosEarthquake
October 20th, 2015, 04:21 PM
I'm currently 14, and I used to smoke as a 13 year old to relieve stress, and boy was it dangerous.
I would smoke one a day or so, sometimes even two, and I was almost caught by both the police and my parents. It took me a while to quit, but I knew I had to.
Nobody knows of my drinking addiction though ;).

BEATNiK
November 1st, 2015, 05:38 PM
dude its your life, live it. if you want to smoke, do it. u will die younger but who cares if you live to the fullest. i smoke and i love it, makes me feel free

Salad_Baby
November 2nd, 2015, 05:45 PM
If you keep it in the low numbers, it should be fine. If you begin smoking in much larger quantities I would heavily suggest for you to stop. The effects of smoking extensively over long periods of time is terrifying - increased chances of cancer, clogged cholesterol and tar in your blood stream and lungs, strokes, appearance changes. I'm not trying to me 'mom' here, but wouldn't it be terrible to live your later life in pain? But as I said, if you keep it low, go for it I guess - if it's for relieving stress then I'm all for it.

Stronk Serb
November 7th, 2015, 03:56 AM
No matter how much self control you have, and how irregularly you smoke, it gets worse. First I started one cigarette every other odd day, when I bought my pack... I sealed it. I was addicted. Now I smoke so much that I have to buy filters, rolling paper and tobacco because it's a lot cheaper.

CupcakeLuv101
November 25th, 2015, 12:00 AM
Think about this first. Do you want smoking to become a huge part of your life? If not, then I would recommend you to stop smoking right now before it is too late. The earlier you try to quit the easier it will be :)

Smoking can have a lot of negative impacts and I also heard that smoking kills just as many people as people who don't excersise.

Bontigo Papi .
November 25th, 2015, 07:44 AM
If you don't want your boobs to hang, don't smoke.