Soon daily meets,
Would turn into weekly chats,
And finally to monthly greetings,
And then to where we are now

It's funny, how some strangers,
can become friends and strangers again,
All in but a few moments, but as the saying goes,
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust

Hey guys, this is my first open book post in awhile and it's more of a story than a poem, but I hope you guys enjoy it anyway. This is about me and, funnily enough, a girl named Ashley. As you can tell, things did not go well and I find it hard to understand how we drifted apart so quickly, even as friends. The rhyme scheme of the poem was only in the centre, which was meant to symbolize the feelings that I had/have (I'm still unsure) for her, and how chaotic my thoughts are without somebody to fill them, as well as the fact that the poem wasn't very consistent in the number of syllables per line. Ashley, if you're reading this, even though we never truly shared anything, you meant the world to me, regardless of what you may say of me or think of me, I only hope that good things will come to happen for you in the future.

Edit: This is also partially for me to vent some pent up feelings, emotions, that I feel I need to get off my chest.

Anyway, thank you all so much again for reading, may you all have good luck in your ventures, and may Eternity guide you 'til the end

Nightfall_
October 22nd, 2015, 11:04 AM
It's really good. I like it :D

Cadanance00
October 23rd, 2015, 10:37 AM
Unusual for a guy to write poetry.

But good. Keep it up.