PDA

View Full Version : The alcohol and me

City Kid
September 30th, 2015, 09:09 AM
I'd like to tell you a story.

From Monday until today morning I was on a class trip. It was alright, but yesterday evening we had a barbecue and, well, there was beer.

You have to know that where I live anyone who's 16 and older is legally allowed to buy and consume beer and wine. That's why the teachers allowed us to drink beer.

However, it was supposed to be one beer per person. Well... Two of my friends didn't want theirs, so I drank those too. Normally that wouldn't even have been that big a deal, but a) I didn't really eat anything that day and b) I'm on antidepressants, which means I get drunk WAY more easily than normally.

You can probably guess what happened next. I got wasted. I did some pretty stupid things. For example, I just decided to lay down on the beach and lost all my stuff while doing so. My friends had to literally creep around in the dark and search for my phone, my keys and my iPod.

Another VERY stupid thing I did was just casually telling my crush that I'm a fucking psycho. I was just like, "You know, I'm on antidepressants cuz my head's all fucked up and oh, I was in the psychiatry for three months as well." He actually reacted pretty cool, but... I don't know. I tried texting him about it but he didn't answer.

But the worst thing probably is that I realized how good being drunk can feel. I know it's just temporary, but I felt... Normal. Not empty. Not depressed. Not like I've been feeling all the fucking time for a few years now.

That's why I'm sitting here now writing this post with a bottle of wine next to me.

Just JT
September 30th, 2015, 09:22 AM
You might want to think about losing that bottle of wine, just a thought is all
Take it from there

City Kid
September 30th, 2015, 09:44 AM
You might want to think about losing that bottle of wine, just a thought is all
Take it from there
Well, it's actually too late for that.

Just JT
September 30th, 2015, 10:01 AM
It's never to late to start stopping and get help

City Kid
September 30th, 2015, 10:07 AM
It's never to late to start stopping and get help
That's right, but... What if I don't even want to stop?

Just JT
September 30th, 2015, 10:22 AM
The key word here is "if"
If you don't want to stop, then why are you posting this thread?
Seems like a call for help, which I and I'm sure many here are willing to offer
But to post this, just because you can, you like it, because you don't want to stop, is pointless.

Balls in your court, had shit like this all my life, you want help, no prob, you got it
Wana play around, don't have the patience for that personally

City Kid
September 30th, 2015, 10:50 AM
The key word here is "if"
If you don't want to stop, then why are you posting this thread?
Seems like a call for help, which I and I'm sure many here are willing to offer
But to post this, just because you can, you like it, because you don't want to stop, is pointless.

Balls in your court, had shit like this all my life, you want help, no prob, you got it
Wana play around, don't have the patience for that personally
I don't really know what I expected when I posted this.
It's definitely not me saying, "Yo look how cool I am getting drunk at the age of 16," if that's what you're thinking.
But I don't think I really wanna get help either. Nor do I want pity or anything like that.
I guess I just wanna share my experience with alcohol. Which is actually the first thing mentioned in this (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/announcement.php?f=40) thread.

Just JT
September 30th, 2015, 11:06 AM
I actually didn't think that if you at all in that way
But I did pick up on is someone who's mixing antidepressants and alcohol, openly.
Alcohol will suppress emotions, ones that are causing pain, so you don't feel them any more, and can be dangerous. You can do your own reading on that
It's a form of self medication for symptoms you are probably feeling, that the meds are either not doing, or not doing enough of what they should be doing
You have free will to choose what you do, and how you live your life. I'm not going to pass judgement on anyone, but I will voice my concern, even for a person I don't know.
It was just how I saw it, and if your somy enjoying it, then good luck
I'm no saint to it either, but for myself, I know it a very bad decision for me to drink based upon my past
But hey, enjoy....

Riley2015
September 30th, 2015, 01:20 PM
I got drunk a few times somewhat unwillingly (peer pressure) and it was all a great laugh and all that and i was saying and doing things i'd never dare do sober

But it scared me a bit and i'm not sure i really want to go there too often and make any sort of habit of it. I can understand why its so addictive and people enjoy it. After i did it i kinda wanted that buzz again but i can't allow myself to do it.

I hated feeling so ill afterwards and also my dad would probably kill me if he knew...or at least i'd be grounded for life :lol: