PDA

View Full Version : No idea what I'm going to do with my life.

gnr1
September 26th, 2015, 10:17 PM
I've been having a massive issue lately. I've never really been too motivated of a person, but now in junior year of high school it's been dramatically worse. Three, maybe four weeks into school and I'm already failing 3 classes. I need to get all my makeup work in by monday, but that's definitely not going to happen on top of all the other homework I'm going to "forget" to do. Four weeks of makeup work for three classes in one day. I've tried motivating myself to do schoolwork, but I just have trouble seeing the value in it.

Another issue is that I've been gaining weight like crazy. And again I find myself with absolutely no motivation to do anything about it. I'm not even sure why it's a problem. My parents tell me that it is. I don't see any practical advantage to being in shape other than the fact that it could make gym class slightly more bearable. I don't do any sports, so therefore I don't have any need to be in shape. I know that a lot of my arguments against losing weight make sense to no one but me. They make sense in my head even though I know they're wrong, and because of that, I just tend to avoid thinking about it.

I play guitar. I play it a lot. A lot more than I should. It's basically the one thing that I care about. It's sort of a way to numb the feeling of the inevitably terrible future I'm going to have if I don't straighten out my habits. I know I'm young, but adults put so much pressure on me with questions about colleges, careers, etc... I just want to focus on what I have to do now, but I can't. I'm sitting here at my computer holding back tears because this is the first time I've put this sensation of complete failure into words. I want to be happy in life. I know I need to do well in school. I know I need to do what's important and not whatever I want to. I just have no idea where to start. I'm at the point in my life where I can turn myself around. I want to do it while I'm here, and before it's too late.

I'm just scared for the future.

Sailor Mars
September 26th, 2015, 11:45 PM
Don't worry about the future, first off. You got nothing but the present Bruh. Figure out your priorities, set em straight, make a schedule if you need to. Take things one step at a time and chill. If you like playing guitar that's awesome bro continue doing what you love, but you gotta remember priorities and responsibilities.