PDA

View Full Version : Do i have social anxiety?

heatherxx
September 26th, 2015, 09:16 AM
I haven't been to the doctor or anything or spoke to anyone else about this, but i wanted to get an opinion from a virtual friend who possibly has experienced something similar.
I think i may have social anxiety. I've researched it online (worst thing to do) but the symptoms sound like me! Whenever someone unknown or a teacher or someone of authority speaks to me, i feel terrified. My throat goes dry and my eyes fill with tears, as though im about to cry. I dont think i should cry because its so stupid, i hate myself for it. I feel nervous when walking to school, im a shy person and hate speaking in public. I always feel as if people are laughing at me behind my back and i hate it!
(Rant over)
Any advice would be helpful, thanks.
Also, if anyone wants to be virtual friends i would like to. Im new to this site and would like people to talk to about things! :wave:

Interstellar
September 26th, 2015, 12:37 PM
Honestly, it is a very bad idea to try and diagnose yourself by reading something online. You search for a few minor little symptoms and suddenly you have like nine different types of cancer lol. But seriously, it does sound like you could have social anxiety. I recommend talking to someone else about it (parent, counselor, maybe even a doctor) just to have an opinion from someone who actually knows you.

Babs
September 26th, 2015, 02:58 PM
You do display some symptoms of social anxiety. But nobody here can diagnose you, nor can you diagnose yourself. So I'd recommend seeing a doctor, if you wish to get further advice. You don't want to base your psychological profile on what WebMD tells you, take it from me.

heatherxx
September 27th, 2015, 02:31 AM
Thanks guys!

Jkat547
October 27th, 2015, 06:01 PM
I personally don't have really bad social anxiety, but I would talk to a professional. I know that I have like a mixture of anxietys. Don't let them defeat you! Stay Strong!

PhandomMember
December 24th, 2015, 04:16 PM
To me, that sounds like Selective Mutism. Do you have trouble speaking to people you are uncomfortable with? What about uncomfortable places?

soccerismylife
December 26th, 2015, 04:08 PM
For it's like If someone leaves me on read or doesn't respond I start to think negative thoughts like the person doesn't like me or I may said something wrong..

SkyClad33605
December 26th, 2015, 04:58 PM
Fear of public speaking is the most common phobia. Nothing that unusual about that.

But, yeah, I agree with everyone else. If it concerns you or you feel that it is stopping you from doing things you'd like to do then see a doctor. There's no weakness in seeking help.

Ckdn
December 26th, 2015, 11:46 PM
For it's like If someone leaves me on read or doesn't respond I start to think negative thoughts like the person doesn't like me or I may said something wrong..

I'm the same way