PDA

View Full Version : Health Worries

Anthem
September 25th, 2015, 10:28 PM
I haven't exercised intensively in years. If this gives you any idea of how out of shape I am, my heart beats really hard when walking up the stairs at normal speed (it doesn't matter how I walk it will still race) and I run out of breath.

I have also noticed that some of my organs beat really hard after walking up stairs, sometimes when I drink a lot of water and lay down, or just when I am laying down.

I am too worried that I am too far down the road for recovery, I am not religious so I don't believe in an afterlife which scares me, and I have little to no motivation to work out.

I am that type of person that says they will work out he next day it never fulfills that goal. I also can almost lift a 35 pack of water bottles but I struggle.

What do you guys think? Am I down too far down the road to do anything? Do I have hope?

Edit: my username is very hypocritical so please, don't mock me because of my username.

Rickmckay111
September 25th, 2015, 11:14 PM
dude your only 17 - you're still developing and growing - you aint too far down the road at all.

Eat healthily, small portions, exercise, like get a routine - start basic and just work your way up to more.

Just do lil things like walk instead of getting bus.

If you can afford one get a fit bit - i got one for my 13th bday and it makes me try and aim for targets just like steps and going up stairs etc its cool.

CuteGuy889
September 28th, 2015, 01:51 AM
I think health has to do much with genetics...I too am pretty unfit even when I was skinny...(Now I've gone up from 48kg to 66kg, still looks skinny tho). I am not very concerned and prioritize my books over fitness 'cos my dad tho not working out a bit & doing a sedentary job as a VP in a multinational is healthy at 55yrs....

He's obese with a huge fat belly and a big butt too...Still he won't care and has recently put on more cos his dad (my grandpa) is healthy at 88yrs...he is obese too..

I too may some day go along my dad's line (He too was a stick skinny teen who gained 50 pounds in the Uni...his friends joke making him go red in the face)..Its written in my genes...Tho it will make me change I will inherit his strong genes of healthyness and it makes me content.

phuckphace
September 28th, 2015, 02:36 AM
sedentary lifestyles are really really bad for you even if you're thin. I notice I feel more energetic after a shift where I'm standing most of the day.

BlackParadePixie
September 28th, 2015, 03:43 AM
Why do you say you have no motivation to work out? You say you're scared of dying...isn't that motivation enough?

ImagineRepublicCity
September 28th, 2015, 10:03 AM
Motivation sucks, I can never tell myself "You know I'm going to go out for a run today" because I also tell myself "I could be playing video games right now." The best way to get over that, is to get yourself into a committed fitness program or sport club. This way, even when you don't want to go, you have to go, you know? I have volleyball once or twice a week and sometimes I don't want to go but I still do it anyway, because I know I have to (and I do want to get better at volleyball ahahaaha).

Find something which interests you, stick to it, and better yet, reward yourself if you do it. It's little things which help you strive to a larger goal. Eating healthy as well. You might find that hard, but you start small. First you say "I can only have fast food x times a week." You might then say "I will only have lollies on xday and xday and I can only have this much." and if you remind yourself to stick to them, it'll work, trust me.

I hope for the best for you :)

Karkat
October 3rd, 2015, 08:03 PM
Honestly, I feel the same way at times and it's due to my health. I can affect it to some extent, but the likelihood of me changing it to the extent that I feel ok again is unlikely.

This being said- that doesn't mean that's what you have to look forward to, but at the same time, don't push yourself. Just do what you can do and what you're comfortable with. Slowly do more and more. Baby steps.

Overexerting yourself can be just as dangerous as never exerting yourself, depending on who you are and how much you did.

CuteGuy889
October 4th, 2015, 10:29 AM
Some ppl can handle sedentary 'unhealthy' lifestyle without it afffecting their health ...Like my dad...he never works out and is very soft and bit chubby,...recently he's been putting on even more..But while his friends have pressure , cholesterol and diabetes he is healthy at 53.....Its in our genes..his dad is even fatter but he's healthy at 88..!!!

My dad too has been lyk me as a kid....skinny, not-sporty and studious...I think I've got their genes and I'm less inclined to work out even if I've been putting on a bit lately..