PDA

View Full Version : Why is the world like that

Kiogaout
September 22nd, 2015, 08:24 AM
I am a sixteen years old boy with clinical depression , it seems to me that everybody is in pain , but people know how to deal with it , so i wonder how people can control their selfs and why why there is so much pain and hate in this hell, that is called earth

normalperson
September 25th, 2015, 10:27 AM
I am a sixteen years old boy with clinical depression , it seems to me that everybody is in pain , but people know how to deal with it , so i wonder how people can control their selfs and why why there is so much pain and hate in this hell, that is called earth

It's because people are illogical and naive. I too have clinical depression and I almost attempted suicide yesterday, I feel as though there is no room on this earth for the cynical, logical, smart and conservative people like me. Most people live in ignorant bliss their whole lives not realizing that change is bad, stability is good. I hate modern culture and everything to do with it.

Message me if you want to chat.

Fiction
September 25th, 2015, 11:54 AM
I am 20 and still have yet to figure that out!

But I have come to the conclusion that you look around and there is also a lot of good things. Our brains are wired to help us survive, and therefore we are naturally biased to focus on the negative, rather than the positive. We just have to try and learn to focus on the positive too, because really it is everywhere.

One way to try and train ourselves to look for the positive things is to use mindfulness. It's basically allowing ourselves to not think about the past, or the future, but to notice things in the moment, such as a pretty sunset, or a stranger smiling at us. We ignore those things so often, but once you look for them you realise they're everywhere.

emlo
September 25th, 2015, 02:22 PM
I think you should just find something that means a lot to you and forget bad things...I see them too everyday and I know I am young so you probably wont take me seriusly but I had the same thoughts. My mom didnt believe me something is wrong but my older brother talked to me and my sister too. and they told me that i must start looking for the good things and forget the bad ones. I have a really good friend now and i am glad i am through this phase. i think everyone has some pain at themselves but they just forget about it or tell someone about it. it helped me. all this pain that you see is here because of us. its here because people hate each other without any reason. you should just try not to be like them.

zack.zack
September 25th, 2015, 02:33 PM
The quick answer to your question is, people are idiots. People are too busy minding other peoples business and not minding to their own which cause all kinds of unhappiness and unrest amongst every one. If only people would learn to worry about the things only they have control over and not what they do not have control over, then the world could be a better place.

hansofandersen
September 29th, 2015, 03:50 AM
Bad things happen to good people. And good things happen to bad people.
Christians call this the consequences of free will and humanists call this 'unexplainable pain'. I call it 'BS'.
I had depression for a while and my strategy was to surround myself with new people and people who genuinely care for me. This included my best friends (one of whom is now my boyfriend) and my family. Your teachers are always there for you and if you have "real" friends (i.e. people who care), then they will be there to stick it out with you no matter what.

Until then, be you and just enjoy what you have. The world is waiting for you- all you have to do is start exploring!

All the best x Contact me if you wish, never ever hesitate dude.